Maintenance Technician - Military Veterans
Are you a self-motivated and safety driven individual looking for a maintenance opportunity in a team environment? If so, we may have just the opportunity for you! Our Georgia-Pacific facility in Dubuque, IA is currently looking for a Maintenance Technician to join our team, which is part of one of the nation’s leading corrugated box manufacturers. Check it out here: https://corrugated.gppackaging.com/ The Maintenance Technician will create value by performing a combination of scheduled maintenance, preventative maintenance, and responding to unscheduled breakdowns. If this sounds like something you would enjoy, please consider this opportunity!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshooting, installing, aligning, dismantling, repairing, and maintaining industrial machinery and mechanical equipment for improved reliability and throughput
- Performing predictive precision maintenance to identify and correct mechanical/electrical defects before machines fail
- Maintaining operations equipment to achieve optimal performance levels and meet customer demands
- Working with operations associates to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures and actively participating in safety program
- Helping meet or exceed production, waste, and quality goals through a quality maintenance program
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, motors & conveyors
- Experience troubleshooting & repairing hydraulics & pneumatics
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Experience with predictive or preventative maintenance systems
- One or more of the following:
- A minimum of two (2) years of manufacturing or industrial maintenance experience
- A minimum of two (2) years of military maintenance experience
- Associate degree or higher in an electrical/mechanical or electro-mechanical field
What Will Put You Ahead
- Welding experience
- Plumbing knowledge or experience
- Multi-meter knowledge
- Experience with poly-phase electrical systems
- Experience operating mobile equipment
- Experience or knowledge with PLC/Variable Frequency Drives
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Koch companies have a presence in nearly 60 countries and employ about 60,000 people. They have invested about $45 billion in acquisitions and other capital expenditures since 2003 to make life better around the world by efficiently converting resources into products and services that people depend on every day.
Our major industries include refining, chemicals and biofuels; process and pollution control equipment and technologies; minerals; fertilizers; polymers and fibers; commodity trading and services; forest and consumer products; and ranching.
Since 1960, the value of the Standard & Poor's 500 grew 100-fold (assuming the reinvestment of dividends). During that same period, the value of Koch Industries grew nearly 3,500-fold (using the same assumptions). The growth of Koch companies has been achieved both through acquisitions and through expansion and broadening of existing businesses. Contributing to the company’s continued growth is the shareholders’ long-time policy of reinvesting 90 percent of earnings.
We have long been committed to creating real, sustainable value for all of society. For decades, Koch companies have supported education and social progress. These philanthropic efforts include support for educational institutions, foundations and programs that study and promote market-based solutions to societal challenge. Koch also works to protect, conserve and enhance natural resources; Koch companies around the world have earned more than 550 awards for safety, environmental excellence, community stewardship, innovation and customer service since January 2009.