Android Developer - Military Veterans
Athenahealth is seeking a self-motivated Software Developer to create new Android applications. You will collaborate closely with a cross functional team frontend web developers, mobile developers, and backend platform developers.
As a Software Developer, you will need strong technical competence in multiple areas as well as the capacity to function well in an environment where you may not be the expert. The ideal candidate will have expertise in mobile application architectures as well as experience/interest in back end development. The ability to collaborate successfully with developers, architects, user experience designers, and product managers is also a requirement.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- 4+ years of experience in mobile application and SDK development using Kotlin and/or Java
- Some experience in full stack application development (backend: C#, .NET Core, Azure OR Java, Spring, AWS) is desired
- In depth understanding of Google recommended guidelines and best practices for coding.
- Knowledge of design patterns such as MVC and MVVM
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment is preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and experience
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Technical Execution [Primary Responsibility]:
- Produce accurate, clear technical design specifications to the appropriate level of detail
- Deliver customer value in the form of high-quality software components and services in adherence with policies on security, performance, longevity and integration testing
- Understand, follow, and reinforce Scrum methodologies, coding conventions, architectures, build processes, and best practices
- Exceptional skill in build/test failure analysis and troubleshooting
- Interested in and can quickly learn and leverage new and strategic technologies
Contributions to the Team:
- Take ownership of what the team builds; consider customer happiness as success criteria
- Drive self-organization; help determine how the team functions in collaboration with your peers
- Volunteer for work in the backlog and commit to quality delivery; Coordinate efforts across the team to ensure completion and effectiveness
- Mentor, advise, and train team members to maximize overall productivity and effectiveness
Cross-functional Team Coordination and Communication:
- Work collaboratively across organizations to ensure alignment towards business goals
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional team members of varying experience levels
- Share business and technical learnings with the broader engineering and product organization, while adapting the approach for different audiences
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is located in downtown Austin, TX in the historic Seaholm Power Plant building.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or "athenistas") are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
athenahealth is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity-that's why we recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. We're happy to provide a reasonable accommodation, for those with a disability, to complete any part of the application process. If you are unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
athenahealth partners with hospitals and ambulatory customers to drive clinical and financial results. We offer medical record, revenue cycle, patient engagement, care coordination, and population health services. We combine insights from our network of more than 160,000 providers and approximately 117 million patients with deep industry knowledge and perform administrative work at scale. For more information, please visit www.athenahealth.com