DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Since 1979 Raulerson Hospital has been providing the rural community of Okeechobee with quality healthcare and a personal touch. As the sole hospital provider in Okeechobee County, Raulerson Hospital is a 100-bed acute care facility offering a wide range of inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services. Raulerson is licensed by Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) as a Primary Stroke Center and provides comprehensive multi-modality diagnostic services accredited by the American College of Radiology. Raulerson’s surgical services include minimally invasive procedures, which can result in shorter hospital stays and a faster recovery.
Raulerson Hospital is a unique, small community hospital with state of the art practices, located in a down to earth community. Our spot in the Big Lake area of Central Florida affords world-class sports fishing, natural beauty, easygoing lifestyle and friendly people. We are always seeking dedicated professionals to join our dynamic healthcare team and become a member of our family. Many nursing students, who spend time with Raulerson Hospital during their clinical rotations, choose to join us upon their graduation because they enjoy the friendly, helpful atmosphere amongst our staff and patients. We invite you to learn more about us and our community.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
Working under the supervision of a nursing, the CNA performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
- Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
- Successful completion of a nursing assistant training program
- State certification as a CNA
- Previous hospital experience preferred
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.