HVAC Security & Fire Lead Systems Specialist - Military Veterans
Under specific direction, assists in the design, configuration, and operation of building systems including security, fire, and other low voltage control sub-systems (ie. lighting, nurse call, data networks, etc) to meet the intent of the project requirements. Assists in the development of software programs, commissioning and troubleshooting to ensure proper operations of the building control system. Provides detailed information and submittals to communicate design and operation to customers, consultants, Johnson Controls field installation team and subcontractors.
How you will do it
- Design and configure technically complex building control systems as defined by the contract documents. Create flow diagrams, sequence of operations, bill of material, network layouts and electrical schematics as required.
- Develop and test software programs necessary to operate the system per the intent of the project requirements.
- Use your ability to integrate different Security subsystems with each other.
- Coordinate and create the necessary drawings and equipment schedules for submittals and installation.
- Select, order, and track the delivery of materials for assigned projects. Coordinate factory-mounting processes to meet factory and project schedule.
- Assist in the loading and commissioning of all system and network-level controllers as required. Assist in validation of complete system functionality and troubleshoot problems with subcontractors and other trades to ensure proper operation.
- Provide field change information to the project team for the creation of as-built drawings and software.
- Keep management and JCI contractor or customer informed of job progress and issues.
- Assist in performing site-specific training for owner / operator on the total building control system.
- Participate in release meeting with project field team. Perform value engineering to provide cost effective results while maintaining customer satisfaction.
What we look for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with a minimum of three years experience, or a technical diploma in a related technical field with five years of relevant work experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the construction and Security & Fire Alarm industry.
- Demonstrated experience in the integration of Security & Fire Alarm of building sub-systems. Ability to relate technical knowledge to a non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills required, particularly computer-related drafting tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all Security & Fire Alarm building automation systems and other building subsystems highly desired.
A GLOBAL LEADER
The future is being built today, and Johnson Controls is making that future more productive, more secure and more sustainable. We create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. At its core, that promise is about delivering innovation that make people’s lives – and the world – better.
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Explore our site to learn how our innovative solutions are driving the future of urban efficiency.