National Account Manager - Military Veterans
Salt Lake City, UT
The National Account Manager will develop and expand existing and new national accounts within a defined territory. Provide input such as, relevant market information, sales, marketing strategies, vision and goals. You will drive new sales opportunities with existing customers, positioning the company for success. Personally contact and secure new business accounts, typically with multiple site locations within the designated region. The National Account Manager manages all aspects of assigned accounts within their portfolio, including but not limited to: opportunity identification; pre-sales planning; deal execution; post sales installation planning and follow up; customer issue resolution relating to invoicing, service and other issues in order to ensure a high level of post-sales satisfaction and facilitate long term relationships with strong potential for repeat business.
How you will do it
• Achieve targeted sales growth for National Accounts at a rate and profit margin consistent with the strategic business plan.
• Drive wider and deeper account penetration with new and existing accounts through frequent proactive contact with accounts; building, expanding and maintaining strong relationships with multiple departments (facilities, loss prevention, IT, finance) and key decision makers at multiple levels within customer organizations.
• Formulate a sound business plan to provide acceptable sales growth in accordance with established plan and market share targets. Work with Regional Director to meet profitability goals.
• Ensure responsiveness and service delivery through utilization of internal infrastructure including Customer Monitoring Centers (CMC’s), National Account Service Center (NASC), Business Operations, support team, and Tyco IS sales & service offices (SSO’s).
• Provide current market information such as current trends, sales techniques, application of products in various markets, suggested marketing programs to the Regional Director.
• Working with management and Corporate Marketing to implement promotional programs for National Accounts.
• Establish and maintain a high level of quality and timely service to customers for maximum retention.
• Maintain and grow RIF base for assigned accounts.
• Acts as a central point of contact to service existing or assigned account’s needs and requests.
What we look for
• 4-Year College Degree in Sales/Marketing or other related field preferred
• Minimum of three (3) years of sales of electronic security or related equipment or high level sales support within a complex sales and account management environment. Demonstrated strategic and/or tactical business planning.
• Proven ability to interact effectively with executive level and industry/segment professional organizations both internally and externally.
• Entrepreneurial attitude, leadership ability and ability to be a team player at all levels.
• Ability to comprehend, develop and effectively execute business plans, account portfolio management, and opportunity analyses.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents (terms and conditions, technical procedures, etc.).
• Excellent oral, written and presentation skills, with the ability to make presentations to senior level executives.
• Strong business acumen and ability to quickly develop a solid understanding of sales to the applicable vertical market customer(s).
• Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.
Salt Lake City, UT
A GLOBAL LEADER
The future is being built today, and Johnson Controls is making that future more productive, more secure and more sustainable. We create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. At its core, that promise is about delivering innovation that make people’s lives – and the world – better.
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Explore our site to learn how our innovative solutions are driving the future of urban efficiency.