Under the supervision of the Environmental Manager, the Sr. ESH Engineer works as a senior leader for the Army Environmental Programs in host nation. They are responsible for ensuring the execution of all PWS requirements in the Environmental Compliance Program, Hazmat/Hazmasters Management, Water and Wastewater Compliance and Monitoring, Spill Response and Prevention, Recycling, and the Integrated Pest Management Program across the all US Installations in host nation. They work with managers, supervisors, leads, and officials to eliminate or control hazardous operations or conditions. . In addition they may be required to operate within the following fields:
1. Water/Wastewater – Domestic, Industrial and Drinking
3. Pest Management
4. Spill Response
6. Hazardous Materials and Hazardous Waste
Work assignment may sometimes be narrowly focused, (e.g., work performed by an inspector, analyst, research, or instructor); therefore, they must have a general knowledge of environmental, safety and occupational health methods, practices, principles and procedures to perform effectively. Sr. ESH Engineer work is also characterized by the need to develop educational material and techniques. Sr. ESH Engineers often promote a wide variety of training activities designed to achieve awareness of environmental hazards and corresponding compliance procedures. Some Sr. ESH engineers, on a recurring basis, inspect facilities and organizations to cite compliance violations, recommend corrective actions, and ensure that hazardous conditions and environmental risks are eliminated. Inspections of establishments may be difficult and even controversial where management is negligent or uncooperative or where there is disagreement over the interpretation of environmental standards.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- Develops and submits Environmental Plans, Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions and environmental documentation to facilitate environmental stewardship and mitigate environmental hazards.
- Conducts and submits Environmental Baseline Surveys (EBSs), Environmental Condition Reports (ECRs), Environmental Impact investigation and reporting, Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), and overall formal Environmental reports and documentation.
- Conducts emergency planning, hazard analysis and tracking, Job Safety Analysis, and Root Cause Analysis.
- Develops statistical information to support environmental data tracking and management decisions.
- Develops, implements and trains environmental procedures as required to maintain a safe working environment.
- Liaisons with internal and external entities to ensure environmental requirements are met.
- Plans and executes environmental meetings, working groups and other environmental events.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications: Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education.
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Engineering, Science or Mathematics is required. Two year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Must be CAC eligible and/or able to obtain a CAC Card
- Must be a US citizen
- 5 years professional environmental experience dealing with multiple and complex environmental programs including Water and Wastewater Management, Hazardous Material/Waste Management, and Compliance Programs.
- Knowledge of ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS), environmental regulations, policies, and procedures applicable to US, Army and host nation.
- Excellent organization and communications skills, both writing and speaking, are required.
- Computer literate in all aspects of Microsoft office.
- Knowledge of GIS is an advantage.
- Potential to manage a section of up to and in excess of 50 staff including required reporting.
- Must be capable of working in an extreme weather conditions with temperatures exceeding 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Indoor and/or outdoor environment with very
- adverse and harsh conditions (i.e., hot, dry, duty, desert environment with average temperatures of 30 degrees in the winter and 130 degrees in the summer months).
- Includes some industrial production environment conditions as well.
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Work may require heavy lifting, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to
- physical, chemical, or biological agents. Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes, but is not limited to,
- head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices. Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.