Under the supervision of the Cook Sr. and/or DFAC Supervisor. The Cook I bake, fry, braise, boil, simmer, steam and sauté as prescribed by Army recipes. Operate, maintain and clean field kitchen equipment. Perform preventive maintenance on garrison and field kitchen equipment. Prepares small amounts of food and assists in serving meals IAW the menu and recipes. Provides proper plate-up and portion control. Maintains and records proper temperature controls, food storage, and food rotation. Performs all side work and setup/breakdown duties as assigned. Adheres to safety and sanitary practices.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- The Cook I bake, fry, braise, boil, simmer, steam and sauté as prescribed by Army recipes.
- Operate, maintain and clean field kitchen equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance on garrison and field kitchen equipment.
- Prepares small amounts of food and assists in serving meals IAW the menu and recipes.
- Provides proper plate-up and portion control.
- Maintains and records proper temperature controls, food storage, and food rotation.
- Performs all side work and setup/breakdown duties as assigned.
- Adheres to safety and sanitary practices.
Minimum Qualifications: Education/Certifications: One-year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Must provide a copy of the diploma.
- Must be CAC eligible and/or able to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Minimum of two (2) to three (3) years of prior cook experience in a full-service restaurant preferred.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions in English.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Knowledge of standard and dietetic menus and recipes, preparation and cooking of various foodstuffs and bakery products, food and supply ordering, and storage of meats, poultry and other perishable items.
- Knowledge of service standards and systems
- Must be capable of working in an extreme weather conditions with temperatures exceeding 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Indoor and/or outdoor environment with very adverse and harsh conditions (i.e., hot, dry, duty, desert environment with average temperatures of 30 degrees in the winter and 130 degrees in the summer months).
- Includes some industrial production environment conditions as well.
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes, but is not limited to, head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices.
- Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.