Senior Programmer Analyst - Military Veterans
**This position is contingent upon future contract award**
Amentum is seeking Senior Programmer Analyst candidates in anticipation of future customer support needs in Norfolk Virginia.
Successful candidate will:
- Participate in the requirements, definition, design, development, testing, and documentation of database systems. Analyze web application requirements, code, and documentation for database support and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Demonstrate strong experience of systems design patterns and application architectures.
- Provide team leadership in AGILE and SCRUM development processes and methodologies.
- Have the ability to work with various teams to support the consistency in architectural governance, coding and unit testing, coordinate releases, support continuous integration and delivery pipelines as well as the various testing processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field and at least 10 years of job-related experience or equivalent.
- US Citizenship required
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance prior to start.
- Possess demonstrated working knowledge of systems design patterns, application architectural methodologies, and Web Service applications (using Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), XML SOAP, UDDL).
- Be able to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational software.
- Experience leading and mentoring teams in all aspects of Agile development processes and methodologies as well as the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Possess excellent communications and analytical skills.
- Be able to obtain a Security+ certifications within 6 months of hire.
- Active Secret security clearance
- Security+ certification
- Prior experience functioning as a team lead in design, development, troubleshooting, testing, and analysis of medium scale software projects, usually involving military applications.
- Experience preparing software requirements, design, code, or documentation.
- Experience developing plans for detailed analysis of computer program code, documentation, and output to insure validity, consistency, and conformance to applicable standards.
- Experience in the design and execution of test cases, analyze output for validity, and prepare written reports documenting results.
- Familiarity with hardware and software systems standards and procedures compliance.
- Experience managing workflow and interface work items with Microsoft DevOps or Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS).
Amentum brings industry-best expertise, processes, and technology to ensure the availability and reliability of our Government and commercial clients’ vital facilities and equipment. We apply our culture of excellence to operate, maintain, and manage your global assets and complex supply chains to meet modern challenges at home and abroad. You get the confidence that comes from a partner with on a century-long heritage of unrelenting dedication to our clients’ missions across the DoD, civilian agencies, and the IC.
Our leading technologies and repeatable processes are delivered by experts with a record of optimizing the quality and cost-effectiveness of support. Using tools such as our Facility Asset Management & Operations Services (FAMOS™) model, we integrate diverse operational elements into a single, unified approach providing control and visibility. This allows us to increase operational readiness and extend the life of critical facilities and equipment.
Amentum’s skilled workforce lives with outcomes rather than just works on them. Our employees hold the most sought-after certifications in the industry, including Program Management Professional (PMP), IT/Cyber, ITIL, and Professional Scrum Master (PSM). Our teams who maintain and modify vehicles, aircraft, and weapons systems work within disciplined environments certified to AS9001D, ISO 9001:2015, AS9110B, and AS9100C standards.
Whether it’s managing facilities supporting the IC’s classified missions, operating UAVs that protect our soldiers, or maintaining military equipment at remote bases abroad, Amentum has the experience, passion, and commitment to meet your critical needs.
- Equipment O&M/Asset Management
- Facility O&M and Range Support
- Global Logistics/Supply Chain Management
- IT/Network Support
- Satellite Communications
- Unmanned Systems