**What You Will Do**
At Lowe’s, we’ve always been more than just an improvement store. We’re also home to everything that **makes your home feel like home.** And for thousands of Lowe’s associates, we’re home to fresh starts, rewarding opportunities, and endless career possibilities.
Whether you’re providing a quick, friendly checkout experience, helping our customers get the best value for their money, or assisting with payment or exchanges, it’s your job as a cashier to ensure every customer exits on a high note. You could be that final nudge of encouragement that a customer needs to transform a great project idea into reality.
You will also:
+ Deliver a fast, friendly, and professional checkout experience.
+ Scan and bag items accurately and efficiently.
+ Manage a cash register, payments, and exchanges.
**What’s in It for You?**
Beyond the chance to make a difference for customers and teammates, each day will offer new opportunities to learn, grow, and celebrate wins together with your Lowe’s team. Cashier team members also gain:
+ A 10% discount on everything at Lowe’s.
+ Access to training and tuition reimbursement programs (https://lowes.guildeducation.com/partner?auth\_redirect=true) for trade certifications, college education, and more.
+ Eligibility for performance-based bonuses.
+ A talented and supportive team of associates who will welcome you like family.
+ Access to comprehensive physical, mental, and financial benefits (http://benefitspricing.com/lowes/2021/index.html) *.
**Your Day at Lowe’s**
+ Deliver excellent customer service at the register.
+ Showcase great customer service and with a winning smile.
+ Answer customer questions.
+ Help maintain a store that feels like home.
+ Be able to work a variety of shifts, including nights and weekends.
+ Be able to lift items of up to 10lbs. unassisted.
+ Be able to stand or sit for long periods of time while engaging with customers.
+ Be able to use common retail technology, such as smart phones and tablets.
+ For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, email HRServiceCenter@lowes.com
**_Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply._**
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
_* Benefits offerings change each year and eligibility varies. For the most up-to-date breakdown of what’s available to you, visit_ _MyLowesBenefits.com._
Lowe’s adheres to CDC cleanliness and social distancing guidelines. Learn more at: http://lowes.com/l/safe.html
Pay Range: $12.00 - $13.50 per hour Starting rate of pay may vary based on factors including, but not limited to, position offered, location, education, training, and/or experience. This position may be eligible for a performance bonus. For information regarding our benefit programs and eligibility, please visit https://corporate.lowes.com/careers/joining-our-team/benefits .
Our Military Commitment
At Lowe's, our commitment to recognize, honor, and respect those who serve in our country's military is rooted in our history and informs the decisions we make today:
- Lowe's was founded on the heels of World War II, by veteran Carl Buchan, whose leadership and vision helped us grow from a small hardware store in Wilkesboro, NC, into the FORTUNE 100® company we are today.
- Lowe's is ranked #38 among GI Job's "Top 100 Military-Friendly Employers®".
- Lowe's is part of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP), working with military installation contacts to promote job opportunities to military spouses.
- Lowe's is an Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) Partner.
- Lowe's offers extended benefits for employees serving in the military.
We regularly participate in a variety of military-sponsored events and job fairs across the country, looking for more people to join the Lowe's team of military veterans. At more than 14,000 strong, our military veteran employees work in roles across our organization, from management to retail and customer support. And we demonstrate our appreciation for them in many ways, including:
- A 10% discount to all veterans during Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Veterans Day weekends; and a 10% discount every day to all active, reserve, retired and disabled veterans who carry a valid, military-issued photo ID card.
- Regular support for the military and the USO, including recent refurbishments to 16 USO centers across the U.S., to help welcome home our returning troops.
- The Lowe's Employee Giving Campaign, which allows employees to set aside a portion of their paycheck, to benefit the USO and other organizations, which Lowe's will match 50 cents to the dollar.
The military instills leadership, a strong work ethic, and a passion for a job well done. It allows pioneering spirits to demonstrate their commitment to teamwork and problem solving. And these are the traits of a Lowe's employee. As you focus on your post-military career, consider exploring the employment opportunities at Lowe's.