Cashier Part Time - Military Veterans
**What You Will Do**
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products customers need. As a Customer Service Associate – Front End, this means:
• Delivering a checkout experience that is quick, professional, and friendly.
• Ensuring merchandise is accurately accounted, scanned, and meets the needs of customers.
• Engaging in safe work practices and encouraging others to do the same.
The Customer Service Associate – Front End is responsible for delivering excellent customer service during the checkout process. This associate is one of the last interactions with our customer before leaving the store and needs to ensure the customer is satisfied and encouraged to come back to Lowe’s. Therefore, engaging with customers as well as attention to detail are extremely important in this role.
_Travel Requirements: This role does not require regular travel; however, this role may need to travel on occasion to meetings, trainings, or to support neighboring stores._
**What We're Looking For**
• Hourly Full Time or Part Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 or up to 25 hours per week, respectively; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
• Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of the week.
• Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
• Minimally must be able to lift 10 pounds without assistance; may lift over 10 pounds with or without assistance.
**What You Need To Succeed**
• 6 months experience using a computer, including inputting, accessing, modifying, or outputting information.
• 6 months experience using a handheld device (e.g., mobile phone, LRT gun, palm pilot, tablet, iPod) to enter, access, and output information.
• 6 months experience identifying and selling products based on customer needs, including credit cards, installations, add-on sales, and explaining warranties, product features, and benefits.
• 6 months retail experience.
• 6 months experience as a cashier.
If the state or local municipality requires a salesperson license for this position, you must either be licensed or pass the requisite licensing exam within sixty (60) days of starting employment in this position.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Our Military Commitment
At Lowe's, our commitment to recognize, honor, and respect those who serve in our country's military is rooted in our history and informs the decisions we make today:
- Lowe's was founded on the heels of World War II, by veteran Carl Buchan, whose leadership and vision helped us grow from a small hardware store in Wilkesboro, NC, into the FORTUNE 100® company we are today.
- Lowe's is ranked #38 among GI Job's "Top 100 Military-Friendly Employers®".
- Lowe's is part of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP), working with military installation contacts to promote job opportunities to military spouses.
- Lowe's is an Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) Partner.
- Lowe's offers extended benefits for employees serving in the military.
We regularly participate in a variety of military-sponsored events and job fairs across the country, looking for more people to join the Lowe's team of military veterans. At more than 14,000 strong, our military veteran employees work in roles across our organization, from management to retail and customer support. And we demonstrate our appreciation for them in many ways, including:
- A 10% discount to all veterans during Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Veterans Day weekends; and a 10% discount every day to all active, reserve, retired and disabled veterans who carry a valid, military-issued photo ID card.
- Regular support for the military and the USO, including recent refurbishments to 16 USO centers across the U.S., to help welcome home our returning troops.
- The Lowe's Employee Giving Campaign, which allows employees to set aside a portion of their paycheck, to benefit the USO and other organizations, which Lowe's will match 50 cents to the dollar.
The military instills leadership, a strong work ethic, and a passion for a job well done. It allows pioneering spirits to demonstrate their commitment to teamwork and problem solving. And these are the traits of a Lowe's employee. As you focus on your post-military career, consider exploring the employment opportunities at Lowe's.