Receiver Stocker Overnight Part Time - Military Veterans
**What You Will Do**
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As a Receiver/Stocker, this means:
• Being friendly and professional, and responding quickly to customer and associate needs.
• Ensuring merchandise is accurately received, stocked, and replenished.
• Following proper lifting guidelines to ensure safe moving and placement of merchandise.
The Receiver/Stocker helps provide and deliver the right products to our customers by safely unloading merchandise from incoming freight, moving it to the sales floor, and stocking departments. This associate handles hazardous materials, replaces damaged shelving, keeps the backroom organized, and ensures equipment is charged. Additionally, this associate organizes merchandise and top stock to set up stores for sales success. To be successful, the associate must understand and prepare for the physical demands of moving merchandise for the majority of his/her shift. Depending on location type, the Receiver/Stocker works morning, afternoon evening, or overnight to prepare for store opening.
_Travel Requirements: This role does not require regular travel; however, this role may need to travel on occasion to meetings, trainings, or to support neighboring stores._
**What We\'re Looking For**
• Hourly Full Time or Part Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 or up to 25 hours per week, respectively; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
• Depending on location type, this role requires morning, afternoon evening, or overnight availability any day of the week.
• Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
• Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.
**What You Need To Succeed**
• Ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction).
• 3 months of experience operating forklift/power equipment such as lifts, order pickers, and similar equipment.
• 6 months of experience in a warehouse performing inventory handling and stocking.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Our Military Commitment
At Lowe's, our commitment to recognize, honor, and respect those who serve in our country's military is rooted in our history and informs the decisions we make today:
- Lowe's was founded on the heels of World War II, by veteran Carl Buchan, whose leadership and vision helped us grow from a small hardware store in Wilkesboro, NC, into the FORTUNE 100® company we are today.
- Lowe's is ranked #38 among GI Job's "Top 100 Military-Friendly Employers®".
- Lowe's is part of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP), working with military installation contacts to promote job opportunities to military spouses.
- Lowe's is an Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) Partner.
- Lowe's offers extended benefits for employees serving in the military.
We regularly participate in a variety of military-sponsored events and job fairs across the country, looking for more people to join the Lowe's team of military veterans. At more than 14,000 strong, our military veteran employees work in roles across our organization, from management to retail and customer support. And we demonstrate our appreciation for them in many ways, including:
- A 10% discount to all veterans during Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Veterans Day weekends; and a 10% discount every day to all active, reserve, retired and disabled veterans who carry a valid, military-issued photo ID card.
- Regular support for the military and the USO, including recent refurbishments to 16 USO centers across the U.S., to help welcome home our returning troops.
- The Lowe's Employee Giving Campaign, which allows employees to set aside a portion of their paycheck, to benefit the USO and other organizations, which Lowe's will match 50 cents to the dollar.
The military instills leadership, a strong work ethic, and a passion for a job well done. It allows pioneering spirits to demonstrate their commitment to teamwork and problem solving. And these are the traits of a Lowe's employee. As you focus on your post-military career, consider exploring the employment opportunities at Lowe's.