DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Laboratory department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
As a Clinical Laboratory Scientist II you are responsible for performing complex medical laboratory tests for diagnosis and treatment of disease. You will analyze and assume accountability for accurate test results, maintenance of complicated instruments, and monitoring quality control and quality assurance programs.
- As a Clinical Laboratory Scientist II you will perform specimen processing and testing independently to include moderate and high complexity testing.
- You will analyze test results - demonstrate knowledge of pathological processes with correlation of disease states and test results.
- You will understand, perform, and practice preventive maintenance on assigned equipment; troubleshoot and take corrective action.
- You will demonstrate pro-active problem solving skills to include identifying a problem and taking appropriate action; know when to seek guidance to complete troubleshooting protocol.
- As a Clinical Laboratory Scientist II you will understand, perform, and practice quality control to include running controls, evaluating data, documentation of data, and taking corrective action as required.
- You will communicate any relevant QC information to supervisor/lead tech.
- You will review, write or modify departmental procedures or policies.
- You will meet timeliness for gaining skills. Satisfactorily complete competency checklist for this position.
- You will assume responsibility for your own development to include cross-training in other functions or positions to ensure satisfactory operation of the department or to permit flexible staffing assignments.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- High school diploma (or equivalent), with 15 years of clinical lab experience OR
- Associates Degree with minimum 2 years experience in Clinical Lab setting. -OR-
- Bachelor’s Degree required with clinical lab experience preferred.
Minimum License and Certificates Required: One of the following certifications is required.
- MT(ASCP), MLS(ASCP), MT(AMT), MT(AAB), CLS(NCA), MT(HEW), CLT(NCA),
- MLT(ASCP), or
- MLT(AMT) Certification is waived for those with 5 years of lab experience
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. With over 800 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in San Antonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program to receive FACT Accreditation in North America.
As the flagship hospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. We’ve recently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and World Report for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received a Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has also received a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare, designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.