Raytheon Technologies Intelligence & Space (RIS) is seeking a Host Based Cybersecurity Systems Analyst to support this critical customer mission.
- Assisting in preliminary analysis by tracing an activity to its source and documenting findings for input into a forensic report
- Documenting original condition of digital and/or associated evidence by taking photographs and collecting hash information
- Assisting team members in imaging digital media
- Assisting in gathering, accessing and assessing evidence from electronic devices using forensic tools and knowledge of operating systems
- Using hashing algorithms to validate forensic images
- Working with mentor to identify and understand adversary TTPs
- Assisting team members in analyzing the behaviors of malicious software
- Under direct guidance and coaching, locating critical items in various file systems to aid more senior personnel in their analysis
- Performing analysis of log files from a variety of sources to identify possible threats to computer security
- Using leading edge technology and industry standard forensic tools and procedures to provide insight into the cause and effect of suspected cyber intrusions
- Following proper evidence handling procedures and chain of custody protocols
- Producing written reports documenting digital forensic findings
- Determining programs that have been executed, finding files that have been changed on disk and in memory
- Using timestamps and logs (host and network) to develop authoritative timelines of activity
- Finding evidence of deleted files and hidden data
- Identifying and documenting case relevant file-system artifacts (browser histories, account usage and USB histories, etc.)
- Creating forensically sound duplicates of evidence (forensic image) to use for data recovery and analysis
- Performing all-source research for similar or related network events or incidents.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
- 2+ years of directly relevant experience in cyber forensic investigations using leading edge technologies and industry standard forensic tools
- Ability to create forensically sound duplicates of evidence (forensic images)
- Experience with vulnerability scanning and assessment
- Able to write cyber investigative reports documenting digital forensics findings
- Experience with proper evidence handing procedures and chain of custody protocols
- Skilled in identifying different classes of attacks and attack stages
- Knowledge of system and application security threats and vulnerabilities
- Knowledgeable in proactive analysis of systems and networks, to include creating trust levels of critical resources
- Must be able to work collaboratively across physical locations
- Experience with one or more of the following tools:
--- Sleuth Kit/Autopsy
BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering or related degree. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
- GCFA, GCFE, EnCE, CCE, CFCE, CISSP
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon: Aspiring to be the most admired defense and aerospace systems company through our world-class people, innovation and technology
Raytheon Company is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 91 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems; as well as a broad range of mission support services.