Under supervision of the HR Supervisor, the : The HR Generalist-LOGCAP is responsible for supporting the development and implementation of effective Human Resources strategies and programs for LOGCAP encompassing all areas of Human Resources including, but not limited to, international human resources, compensation, benefits, recruitment, HRIS, training, employee relations, policy administration, employee communications, metrics analysis and reporting, and new LOGCAP Task Order support.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- Responsible for supporting the development and implementation of effective Human Resources strategies and programs for LOGCAP encompassing all areas of Human Resources including, but not limited to, international human resources, compensation, benefits, recruitment, HRIS, training, employee relations, policy administration, employee communications, metrics analysis and reporting, and new LOGCAP Task Order support.
- Facilitates communication between employees and management to ensure understanding and satisfaction.
- Generally specializes within two or more assigned areas of human resources.
- Conducts research, analyzes data and prepares recommendations on assigned projects.
- Provides assistance to line management regarding human resources practices.
- May provide technical guidance to lower level staff.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Education/Certifications: One-year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Bachelor’s degree. Must provide a copy of the diploma or college transcripts.
- Must be CAC eligible and/or able to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC).
- Five (5) years’ experience as a Human Resources Generalist with primary responsibilities in activity areas of employee relations
- Three (3) years of experience in areas of human resources activities, security and safety program. Excellent computer, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills required.
- Computer skills include a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Overseas experience preferably in a DoD environment is required.
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Excellent Communication ability
- Skilled working in a team-orientated environment and able to demonstrate strong customer service skills
- Communicates professionally orally and in writing
- HR certification would be a plus
- Previous knowledge in an HRIS systems (SAP, PeopleSoft, etc.)
- Working Conditions:
- Must be capable of working in an extreme weather conditions with temperatures exceeding 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Indoor and/or outdoor environment with very adverse and harsh conditions (i.e., hot, dry, duty, desert environment with average temperatures of 30 degrees in the winter and 130 degrees in the summer months).
- Includes some industrial production environment conditions as well.
- Physical Requirements:
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
- Work may require heavy lifting, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical, or biological agents.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes, but is not limited to, head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices.
- Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.