Responsibilities for this Position
Location: USA VA Arlington
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ72784
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public Trust/Other Required:
GDIT is looking for aWindows Systems Administratorthat holds an active TS/SCI eligible clearance for a position located inArlington, VA. This position provides support to a small (under 100 personnel) office and requires a broad range of skills and responsibilities ranging from Tier 1-3 as well as other duties as assigned. This work is performed in an Active Directory mixed physical/virtual environment. In addition to supporting the internal network, duties include providing administration support to other Defense Information Security Agency (DISA) networks. This position is considered essential requiring the ability to be recalled in little to no advance notice and potential INCONUS deployment. Most work is conducted during normal business hours, but periodically work will be required outside those times, including occasional weekends. Frequent local area travel within the National Capital Region. Occasional INCONUS travel, generally no more than 10 days, will be required.
Clearance: Requires TS/SCI eligibility to start.
Education: Bachelors degree in related field preferred
Certifications: Must be certified in Security+
Performance shall include:
- Provide Tier I, II, and III system administration support.
- Monitor authentication, email, file/print servers for errors.
- Perform customer service tasks such as resetting, enabling, archiving, or unlocking accounts.
- Setup workstations for new employees.
- Assisted users with scanning and printing.
- Maintained computer hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Created, disabled, or archived user accounts according to approved requests.
- Maintained Active Directory accounts, groups, and permissions.
- Provided VTC support on multiple networks as needed.
- Assisted with accounting for systems on IT hand receipt.
- Reported network outages and monitored trouble tickets.
- Completed WSUS updates.
- Re-imaged desktop/laptops as needed.
- Update accountability of office systems at dispersed sites.
- Updated software on deployable laptops.
- Updated and tested pending new desktop image for functionality and completeness prior to deployment.
- Assist with installation of network cabling.
- Assisted cybersecurity engineer as needed.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2016 Server, Microsoft Exchange Server 2016, Microsoft Windows 10 operating systems (OS) administration and associated hardware.
- Working knowledge of CISCO network and switching and virtualization technologies.
- Working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies and data backup technologies - knowledge of communication security (COMSEC) integration is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Risk Management Framework, and, Common Criteria, and System Security Policy as they relate to A&A.
- Working knowledge and current relevant experience with PL1 & PL2 systems; experience with PL3 & PL4 cross domain solutions is a plus.
- Must be familiar with security policy/manuals and other guiding policy documents.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%
T elecommuting Options:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA VA Arlington
Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.\n\nGDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
General Dynamics is a global aerospace and defense company.
From Gulfstream business jets and combat vehicles to nuclear-powered submarines and communications systems, people around the world depend on our products and services for their safety and security.
We offer a broad portfolio of innovative products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons systems and munitions; IT and C4ISR solutions; and shipbuilding and ship repair.
General Dynamics employs thousands of people across the globe, with locations in more than 45 countries. We rely on the skills of our employees and their knowledge of customer requirements to deliver best-in-class products and services.
General Dynamics | Chantilly, Virginia
General Dynamics | Fort Belvoir, Virginia
General Dynamics | Fort Belvoir, Virginia