The Application Engineer 2 reports to the Engineering Leader and is responsible for the performance of routine functions which require the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out customer requirements, specifications and proposals.
This position requires a moderate level of supervision; most work is still reviewed by a more senior engineer.
In addition, this level may participate in project-specific relationship building with Customers, Suppliers, field service personnel, individuals or organizations.
- Ability to recognize problems that are beyond capability and learns from experts in the organization.
- Performs less complex functions such as TSP creation, test setups, testing of customer/internal engine calibration, emissions testing, hardware/software for review and approval by the project team. May be requested to provide support to other disciplines within the manufacturing process to bring designs to completion. These disciplines include operations, procurement, planning, program management, test, outside vendors, etc.
- Creates and updates with engineering oversite, BOM's, wiring diagrams, drawings, electrical schematics, test plans, training material, creation of O&M manuals for the customer, WISE and EFMS as necessary to support the project/team.
- Will be requested to support activities associated with the PLC process and department level procedures are adhered to for check-in to WPDS, EFMS and WISE.
- Attend design reviews both internally and with customers to resolve technical and programming issues. Support and update test plans for V&V efforts.
- Participate and perform action items as a team member or lead portions of projects involving other engineers and cross-functional team members
- Test or validate the equipment for the customeras application or to meet a marketing specification for standard product offerings. The engineer may perform engine mapping and performance calibration and assist in the startup of the new product/system along with field service personnel after factory testing has concluded.
- Likely to participate in international and multi-site projects.
- Support of milestone and identification of contract and 3rd party support needs (HMI, Cabinets, SW,a|XXX). Will be required to learn the functionality/interface of third party hardware.
- Support technical content in proposal creation.
- Provide support to customers and the Customer Service group to maintain existing designs and resolve customer field issues
- Contribute to product specifications, software, and application literature.
- Promotes and implements process improvements company-wide.
- Familiarization with GAP application software to support test setups and debug recommendations and possible support small changes.
May be requested to be involved in missions for other functions such as;
- Field Service as needed
- Initial investigation for returned unit
- Help desk
- Manual translation
- Customer Training
Working Environment / Physical Activities:
- Work is mainly performed in a general office environment; however, the job may require interaction with other departments and movement throughout the facilities and/or hands-on activities at customer location, which may lead to exposure to, for instance, noise, chemical solutions, dust and extreme temperatures
- Frequent domestic or international travel may be required.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to effectively operate in the project team environment and communicate with customers.
- Assists with the development of department and organization procedures.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills including presentations (internal only); basic technical writing skills (procedures, reports, etc.).
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Japanese proficiency is a must. 日本語でのコミュニケーション能力は必須となります。
- Competent skills in problem solving and trouble-shooting.
- Competent in the use of PCs and associated software.
- Basic knowledge of appropriate WISE applications such as BOM, Item Master, NCR, Warranty, EC screens and part tracking.
- Basic ability to understand and interpret industry and Woodward technical standards including quality system standards and PLC process.
- Basic understanding of component function and testing. Learning manufacturing processes, drawings and standards.
- Basic use and understanding of design tools, basic use of DFSS tools and methodologies; basic knowledge of engineering quality systems (PLC, engineering change, configuration management). Ability to run existing standard tools (e.g. GAP, ProE, NetSim, Toolkit, Intellution, Citect, AutoCad, MatlLab, Simulink).
Education or Formal Training:
- 4 year technical/science degree or International equivalent desired.
- Equivalent field Experience, Associates Degree (2 year degree) or military experience may be considered
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a relevant field.
- Associates Degree will require 4 years of experience in a Turbine/Engine related field.
Woodward delivers lasting contributions to energy control, always innovating for a better future.
Woodward integrates leading-edge technologies into fuel, combustion, fluid, actuation, and electronic control systems for the aerospace and industrial markets. Our growth is driven by the increasing demand for fuel-efficient, low-emission, and high-performance energy management.
We have a clear vision and follow carefully planned long-term strategies. With multiple locations in fourteen countries, Woodward can respond quickly with solutions tailored to the local demands of our customers.
Our leadership in energy control and optimization solutions is built on a strong foundation, dating back to 1870. We are driven by the needs of our customers and guided by our tradition of integrity, values, and principles.
Accenture | ,
Accenture | ,
Accenture | 横浜市,
Accenture | ,
Accenture | Chuo City,
Accenture | ,
Accenture | ,