Vice President, Supply Chain Finance - Military Veterans
Fort Mill, SC
The Vice President, Supply Chain Finance oversees a team of Directors who are responsible for budgeting and forecasting all operating expenses for our Supply Chain network. This includes the expense and capital associated with multiple Distribution facilities and a highly integrated Transportation network. This position is also responsible for directing the programs that ensure proper internal reviews of financial related information. The team is responsible for cost tracking, performance to budget, productivity monitoring, reporting, production planning and leading the monthly close, annual budget and five-year planning processes. This position will interface with corporate, distribution and transportation business units including external partnership with suppliers, carriers and other third-party providers. The Vice President, Supply Chain Finance position is designed to be a successor role to the Group Vice President, Supply Chain Finance position and is viewed as a key member of the DC Leadership team.
- Organize and review weekly/monthly forecasts of Distribution and Transportation spending. Ensure accurate and timely results.
- Oversee daily and weekly reporting on production, volume forecasts, workload and productivity. Handle exceptions and issues with reporting including updating production for updated merchant volume targets.
- Drive the annual budget and five-year planning process including capacity models, merchant volume projections and occupancy. Develop assumptions for Supply Chain expenditures and validate reasonableness of results.
- Act as the Executive liaison between our Operations teams and our Vendor / Carrier network (for both DCs and Transportation). Work through contract negotiations, quality control and monitor service level expectations.
- Provide direction during the month and quarterly close processes including reviewing variance analysis and exception reports and provide recommendations. Oversee quarter close Board of Directors reporting.
- Lead and develop a team of Finance professionals that support financial related activities. This includes individual development, team progression and organizational improvement initiatives.
- Analysis and Judgment
- Organizational Development
- Attention to Detail
- Planning and Organizing
- Drives Results
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BS/BA in accounting or finance (MBA or CPA preferred)
- 10+ years' experience in large distribution center or manufacturing environment preferred
- Proven leadership abilities in a fast-paced environment with responsibility for large teams and multi-site coverage
- Experience in logistics, distribution and inventory/retail systems is desired
- Highly proficient communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Word
- Strong working knowledge of internal controls
- Ability to adapt efficiently to changing priorities
- Travel required to multiple sites (quarterly)
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Director, Finance - EC Operations
Director, Finance - WC Operations
Director, Finance - Transportation
Director, Finance - Distribution
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.
Fort Mill, SC
Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store.
It takes an incredible team of individuals to make that possible. Whether you’re new to the workforce or an experienced professional, there’s an opportunity for you. We’re passionate, committed, collaborative, and hands-on—from our Corporate and Buying Offices to our checkouts.
So if you’re ready to be part of a Fortune 500 company that’s growing —you’re ready for a brand new opportunity at Ross Stores, Inc.