TGCM Operations Manager - Military Veterans
World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.Business Summary
Air Liquide Electronics innovative electronic materials respond to increasingly challenging customer demands for improved mobility, connectivity, computing power and energy consumption. We offer ultra pure carrier gases, a wide range of specialty gases and advanced precursor molecules, enabling equipment for safe distribution, purification and on-line purity control. On site, manufacturers rely on our expertise in providing full management of these gases, advanced molecules and equipment and in helping to continuously improve production processes.Job Summary
Air Liquide’s Total Gas & Chemical Management (TGCM) is a service provided on site at a semiconductor manufacturing facility. This service requires operating and maintaining of gas and chemical distribution equipment and systems 24/7 without issue or interruption.The Gas Manager position requires a strong focus on safety, quality, reliability and customer satisfaction. Daily activities include working on multiple customer requests, managing the maintenance specialists, prioritizing work internally within the maintenance team as well as with the customer, overseeing the preventative maintenance program, involvement in incident investigations and reporting to the customer regarding key performance indicators.
You will be leading everyday operations, special projects, in-depth troubleshooting and performing this in a leading edge technology semiconductor manufacturing foundry.
Promoting team values and expectations will be required to keep the team in sync and aware of the importance and impact of their roles.
Essential Functions (85%)
- Coordinate preparation of annual plans, periodic forecasts and short-term outlooks ensuring compliance with deadlines including routine reporting.
- Ensures costs, schedule and execution are in accordance with approved plans.
- Provide leadership and direction to Operations Team to ensure we continually operate to local, national, federal and/or company standards on Safety and Environmental Regulations; ensuring the safety of employees and others is never compromised.
- Perform daily safety/5S check by walking site and visually reviewing operations.
- Develop workable solutions for field related safety issues by collaborating with onsite HSE.
- Participate in daily onsite ALE management meetings to review current operations status and determine areas for improvement.
- Participate in onsite customer meetings 3-4 times per-week
- Maintain active and complete email communication with internal and external customers.
- Provide data to the customer including weekly, monthly and yearly reports that include time task, man power and shift requirements analysis.
- Deliver reports to ALE management, Safety, and Quality departments that includes 5s updates, QIRs and WI/SOP updates.
- Ensure the Quality systems are deployed and effective in all aspects of Operations.
- Provide direction and opportunity for employee growth and development.
- Create a work environment that encourages high motivation and self-achievement for employees
- Perform duties as assigned or as necessary to meet the needs of internal and external customers.
- Ensure resources are aligned to meet business needs.
- On call 24/7 to assist in operational needs.
- Participate in the preparation of annual plans, forecasts and short-term outlooks ensuring compliance with deadlines including routine reporting.
- Develop and implement an Operations strategy for operations team.
- Maintain schedule for all shifts; including vacation and time off.
- Discipline and coach employee that may include investigation, documentation and assisting managers/supervisors with employee communication appropriate action
- Investigate on-going issues with safety, quality, and culture.
- Inform the appropriate AL management organization of deviations from these performance measurements.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as necessary to meet the needs of internal and external customers.
- Assist in assessing, developing and reviewing scope of services and service contracts.
- Work with the customer on TCN, special request, and other programs or needs outside of normal operations tasks.
- Communicate openly and proactively with corporate and other inter-company requests for information and assistance.
- Ensure that products are delivered in accordance with the specifications agreed between GF and AL.
- Improve our capabilities for data driven decision making: Prepare detailed management accounts, operational commentaries as required and interpret and make meaningful recommendations to management on an on-going basis and for identifying and driving improvement opportunities.
- Adopt or acquire new methods to improve my management skills and knowledge base
- SmartSolve documentation sign-off
- Creative thinking and brainstorming with ALE management to solve internal and external issues
- Contribute to the direction of the Electronics Group to help improve to meet internal targets.
- Work with Product Managers, Account Managers and Customers to utilize TGCM Operations in expanding ALE business ( products, equipment and services)
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in leading a multifunction gas services, maintenance and repair team in the semiconductor industry.
- 10+ years experience installing, repairing troubleshooting of semiconductor gas delivery systems in the semiconductor industry.
- 3+ years managing a TGCM Operations
- Good team leadership skills.
- Solid understanding of chemical/gas distribution systems (fluid dynamics).
- Strong emphasis on safety
- Strong organizational skills.
- Successful experience with conflict resolution
- Typically responsible for more than 24 employees
- Strong oral and written communications
- Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.
Air Liquide is a global leader, constantly striving to stay on top in a fast paced, high-tech industry. Our careers provide you with an immediate opportunity to contribute. We give you the responsibility to find customer solutions and the autonomy needed to get things done. The diversity of our businesses and our worldwide operations mean a career at Air Liquide can take you almost anywhere you want to go.
Air Liquide Group relies on the skills and commitment of over 43,000 people throughout the world with a broad range of responsibilities in a variety of industries. It is through their efforts that we have become a world leader in industrial and medical gases with a reputation for excellence.
The diversity of our employees is a driving force behind our success. Present in over 75 countries, our people are a mixture or gender, race, culture, nationality, education and professional experience. Their combined competencies allow us to capitalize on fast changing opportunities worldwide.
One of Air Liquide's strategic themes is developing our talents. Recruiting, training, mobility...more competent and motivated teams are and will continue to be one of the foundations of Air Liquide's growth and leadership.
Our Career Philosophy
At Air Liquide we trust in the initiative of our people. We believe our employees are the source of our success and rely on their intelligence, creativity and determination to continuously improve our performance. We give people responsibility and trust them to get the job done. The link between our employees and our success means we must continuously attract the best people. To do so, Air Liquide must be a great place to work. Our mission is to ensure this is the case.
A career at Air Liquide means the opportunity to explore many different types of work all over the world while remaining within the same company. It means being part of a company heavily invested in your development—your success drives ours and we prepare you to succeed. It also means working for a company that believes your success is dependent on a healthy balance between your personal and professional lives.