Quantitative Social Neuroscientist PhD Intern - Military Veterans
- What we want in an intern:
- - 3+ years of graduate-level research carrying out data driven algorithm design, where you have continually proven that you can translate exploratory data analyses into ML algorithms to infer cognitive/emotional processes.
- - Experience in designing experiments, collecting, analyzing, and modeling very large scale data sets from human behavior including, but not limited to, speech patterns, gestures, social behavior and interaction
- - 4 years applying statistical and signal processing, time series analysis, time-frequency analysis, and image and audio processing methodologies to investigate multimodal datasets
- - Strong theoretical and applied background in some or all of: neural networks, unsupervised/supervised learning, neural coding and bio-inspired computation, graph theory, optimization theory, information theory, and control and dynamical systems
- - Fluent in scientific computing, prototyping, and ML tools (e.g., Python, Matlab, ML and deep learning toolboxes - TensorFlow, Pytorch)
- - Experience investigating any of the following: attention, emotion, communication, sensory processing
Education & Experience
Education & Experience
- - Hardware and software experience with multimodal data acquisition, psychophysics, and human-machine interfaces
- - Prototyping experience
We’re a diverse collective of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining what’s possible to help us all do what we love in new ways. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, as well as with services, including Apple TV, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. And the same innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it.
Every new product we invent, service we create, or store we open is the result of people working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That happens here because every one of us strives toward a common goal — creating the best customer experiences. So bring your passion, courage, and original thinking and get ready to share it. This is where your work can make a difference in people’s lives. Including your own.