SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
About Del Sol Medical Center
Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region. As a full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand our services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community, providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic, a Level II Trauma Center, and a newly renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing the highest quality care with compassion and integrity.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include participation of 401k. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
To provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
POPULATION SERVED: Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population served: Triage, assess and treat patients of all ages presenting for emergency care for all body systems, conditions, and diseases including but not limited to: coronary, pulmonary, neurological, skeletal-muscular, gastro intestinal, metabolic, gastro urinary/renal, gynecological, integumentary, etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based quality improvement process
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel
- Practices, develops, and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patient’s right to privacy by protecting confidential information
- Knowledgeable with 100% compliance with core measures in the emergency department (evidence based and best practice demonstrated)
- Knowledgeable with premium credit (best practice demonstrated)
- Documents patient assessment, patient care, interventions, and reassessment according to ED policy
- Provides excellent customer services following the philosophy of the hospital and ED with the guiding values in daily activities
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient
- Evaluates and documents patient response, monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status, takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient
- Accompanies critical care transport to University Medical Center in accordance with physician orders and in compliance with EMTALA transfer guidelines should the need arise
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current RN licensure in Texas or compact state required
- BCLS Required
- ACLS and PALS certification required (Applicable to FSED)
- Those candidates with no recent ED experience or GNs will have 6 months after hire to complete ACLS and PALS education/certification
- TNCC required within 12 months of employment or transfer to the department
- Successful completion of triage training within one year of employment
- Diploma, ADN or BSN
- 1 Year ED Experience required (Applicable to FSED)
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- BSN preferred
- Certified Emergency Nurse
- Acute care experience
- Pre-hospital experience
- Minimum 2 yrs. emergency department experience
- Medical surgical nursing experience
- Reads and writes Basic English with skills to interpret and execute physician orders required
- Ability to listen empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partner needs
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.