Icahn Automotive Group LLC (Icahn Automotive) was formed by its parent, Icahn Enterprises L.P. (NASDAQ: IEP), to invest in and operate businesses involved in aftermarket parts distribution and service. Our businesses have a singular focus: provide premium automotive parts and services at a great value. The businesses of Icahn Automotive today consist of Pep Boys® automotive aftermarket retail and service chain, Auto Plus® automotive aftermarket parts distributor, Precision Tune Auto Care® owned and franchised automotive service centers, and AAMCO Total Auto Care franchised service centers. The businesses of Icahn Automotive total over 22,000 employees, over 2,000 company-owned and franchise locations and 25 distribution centers throughout the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
Responsible for the efficient diagnosis, repair and replacement of general automotive parts and accessories. Direct interaction with customers and deliver superior service through educating the customer on the problems and proposed solutions for their vehicle. Conduct a wide variety of diagnoses and repairs; including but not limited to performance, drivability and emissions diagnostic, state safety and emissions testing, brakes, steering and suspension, electrical, maintenance services, HVAC, starting and charging, and major engine.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of diagnosis and repairing a customer's vehicle as well as caring for the vehicle while it is being repaired and properly securing it after repair is complete.
- Strictly adhere to a "do it right the first time" policy. Will not exceed two or more comebacks within a four-week period of time.
- Maintain a 90% minimum productivity performance level.
- Ensure all training completions are maintained at 100%
- Become a recourse for technical matters related to installation and proper application of parts and accessories.
- Focus on customer needs.
- Maintain technical capabilities to ensure proficient use of service equipment and maintain certification status.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum of 6 months' experience as a certified technician or mechanic and eight ASE's (A1 Engine Repair, A2 Automatic Transmission, A3 Manual Drive Transmission, A4 Steering and Suspension, A5 Brakes, A6 Electrical, A7 HVAC, A8 Engine Performance) are required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret retail business reports, professional and/or technical journals, time reports, operational reports, government regulations, merchandising reports, plan-o-gram (merchandising) instructions or technical procedures.
- Ability to collect data or facts and draw valid and accurate conclusions.
- Ability to apply mathematical formulas to calculate commission, discounts and interest.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong verbal skills.
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Extensive standing, walking, pushing and reaching.
- Need full range of motion for reaching, bending and stooping.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms, legs.
- May drive a vehicle if needed.
- Lifting of heavy equipment >50 pounds is required.
- May work outside and be exposed to weather.
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
SHIFTING CAREERS INTO HIGH GEAR
Pep Boys was founded by Navy veterans in 1921 and today, we proudly employ military veterans and reserve-duty servicemembers like you throughout nearly 1,000 locations and over 9,000 service bays. If you’re passionate about vehicles and servicing the communities that depend on them, your unique and valuable skillsets will be a perfect match for our service bays, distribution centers, or store support centers.
We offer a variety of career options across the United States and Puerto Rico, as well as extensive training and development opportunities and a wide array of health and wellness benefits. Our mission is simple: to make quality car care simple, convenient, and accessible for everyone.
At Pep Boys, we go further to help your career go farther.
Pep Boys | Pasadena, California
Pep Boys | Culver City, California
Pep Boys | Rowland Hghts, California
Pep Boys | Santa Ana, California
Pep Boys | La Mirada, California
Pep Boys | Downey, California
Pep Boys | Bellflower, California
Pep Boys | Long Beach, California
Pep Boys | Anaheim, California
Pep Boys | , California