Ready for your next big move?
This could be your next step in building a lasting career with CVS Health! The Pharmacy Manager Emerging Leader (PMEL) program is a formal development program designed to provide interested Pharmacists the opportunity to train and develop the necessary leadership knowledge, skills and competencies. Participants will be assigned a coach to provide support and mentorship while in the program that includes scheduled touch points.
Participants will broaden their capabilities and understand the meaningful role pharmacy leaders play in developing their teams and delivering results. The curriculum and learning experiences will focus on the critical behaviors needed to be a successful Pharmacy Manager.
How does the program work?
* Enrollment is offered year round and applicants will be assessed against the required qualification criteria.
* The PMEL program is not to exceed 24 months and will provide assignments and training opportunities to help prepare participants to be promoted into the Pharmacy Manager role.
* The program will consist of self-paced learning focused on foundational knowledge and key learning experiences (KLEs). Both of which are completed outside of regularly scheduled Pharmacist shifts and provide opportunities to apply learning and develop skills.
* Individuals selected to participate in the program will continue to work in their current Pharmacist role.
* Applicants should notify their manager of their interest in the program prior to applying and ensure all documents needed to satisfy the required criteria are available.
* Readiness for promotion will depend on a colleague’s experience level, performance, demonstration of the key learning experiences and satisfactory completion of the program curriculum. Selection for the PMEL program does not guarantee promotion into a Pharmacy Manager position
* Currently works full-time (30+ hours per week)
* All current role required training 100% completed
* Meets Expectations or higher rating on last performance review
* Moderate or Strong Pharmacy Manager assessment (Virtual Job Tryout) scoreNot currently on a level three warning or performance improvement plan within last year
* Willingness to consider and accept a promotion into a Pharmacy Manager position if a promotion is offered ‐ Ability to transfer to other CVS Pharmacy locations within the same District
* 1+ years experience as a Staff Pharmacist with CVS Health or equivalent retail pharmacy experience
* Ability to transfer to other CVS Pharmacy locations in other Districts within the Region
* Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Pharm. D. degree
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
See Job Description
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Continue serving and work with a purpose
As a CVS Health colleague, you'll find career opportunities across the organization and at every stage of your career. More important, your work will have an impactful purpose on someone's life, including your own. Learn more about how you can continue serving on your next mission at CVS Health.
Careers for Veterans and Military Spouses
"The military has an ethos that is grounded in purpose-driven service that’s bigger than the individual. The same holds true for us at CVS Health. You can talk to colleagues in any part of our business and they will be able to articulate our company’s purpose. Working here provides an opportunity for service members and military spouses to continue to serve, just in a civvies."
CVS Health | Redlands, California
CVS Health | Riverside, California
CVS Health | Murrieta, California
CVS Health | Winchester, California
CVS Health | Redlands, California
CVS Health | Lake Elsinore, California
CVS Health | Moreno Valley, California