At Weyerhaeuser, our focus is as much on building our people as building our business. We are committed to creating an environment where individuals can flourish, diversities encouraged, and communities supported. We are one of the premier integrated forest organizations in the world. We've been in business for nearly 120 years and believe strongly in our core values of safety, integrity, citizenship, sustainability, and inclusion, which has awarded us being named as one of the World's most Ethical Companies over 10 times.
This position is a part of the Hudson Bay OSB Leadership Team and the Weyerhaeuser Panels Human Resources Team. This position reports to the Panels Region Human Resources Manager with dotted line responsibility to the mill manager As a strategic business partner, the Human Resources Manager is responsible for the overall leadership and management of the human resources systems at the Hudson Bay operations. This position focuses on meeting business performance objectives through effective HR planning, development, coaching and problem solving.
*About Hudson Bay:*
Hudson Bay is a town of 1,500 people in the Red Deer Valley, between the Porcupine and Pasquia Hills in NE Saskatchewan. Hudson Bay is widely known for its forestry, agriculture, wildlife, outdoor recreation and snowmobiling trails. Hudson Bay is a vibrant, safe and friendly community that is full of lively, adventurous and scenic activities.
* Serve as a member of the lead team promoting the safety and well-being of all the associates in the manufacturing facility.
*Major responsibilities include providing direct support and consultation for:*
* Role model Weyerhaeuser Key Values including Safety, Integrity, Citizenship, Sustainability, and Inclusion.
* Strategic business partner to the Hudson Bay leadership team as well as the broader Region HR team.
* Provide top-quality coaching, consultations, and solutions in all areas of HR, including labour relations, employee relations, talent management, and leadership training.
* Work closely with management and the union to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
* Partner with site leader to develop strategic workforce plans to meet current and future talent needs.
* Partner with local community high schools, colleges, and universities to create pipelines of future talent.
* Administer and provide guidance on compensation review/planning and performance management processes.
* Partner with leaders to develop and implement diversity and inclusion strategies.
* Responsible for salaried and hourly staffing functions (including sourcing, recruiting, retention, and on-boarding process).
* Promote and encourage innovative thoughts and ideas.
* Analyze trends and metrics to develop solutions and programs.
* Ensure site compliance with provincial and federal laws.
* Participate in business-wide HR initiatives and continuous improvement projects.
*The successful candidates must possess the following:*
* Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or a related field
* At least 5 years of Human Resources Manager experience or equivalent HR Business Partner role.
* Experience providing counsel to leaders and employees on issue and grievance resolution in a unionized environment.
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and build positive relationships across all levels of the organization.
* Experience in multiple HR disciplines including compensation practices, employee relations, talent management, diversity, performance management, and federal and provincial laws.
* Strong levels of personal and professional integrity.
* Able to build trust and maintain confidentiality as a key confidante of employees and management.
* Demonstrated safety leadership.
* Strong coaching and influencing skills.
* Experience in leading change management initiatives.
* Ability to effectively navigate through ambiguous situations.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, assess HR implications and manage details.
* Excellent computer skills, including proficient in MS Office (Excel., Word, PowerPoint).
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation and facilitation skills.
* Experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred.
* Professional HR certification is an asset.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
*We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.*
About Wood Products:*
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for nearly 120 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./
**Job:** **Human Resources & Health/Safety/Quality*
**Title:** *Human Resources Manager*
**Location:** *CAN-SK-Hudson Bay*
**Requisition ID:** *01015447*