1st Processing Maintenance Superintendent - 2nd Shift - Military Veterans
The function of the 2nd Shift Maintenance Superintendent is to manage and provide technical support as required for delivery of all maintenance activities required to support the plant operations.
- Training and development of subordinate staff
- Organizing, motivating, and maintaining an effective maintenance program to ensure the facility performance objectives are met.
- Plan and schedule equipment repairs and schedule and execute required preventative maintenance (PM) using a computerized maintenance management system.
- Proactively provide feedback to management regarding hazards in the workplace and deal with emergency situations.
- Ensure compliance with all company, state and federal rules, regulations and guidelines
- Develop and adhere to job safety analysis regarding all potentially hazardous tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years proven experience in processing Poultry Plant 1st Processing maintenance management.
- Associate Degree in related field preferred; experience will be considered in lieu of education preference.
- Ability to maintain and repair all production facility equipment in a manner that minimizes downtime.
- Experience and knowledge of mechanical duties that need to be performed on plant systems.
- Strong mechanical background along with food service experience in an industrial environment.
- Ability to determine root causes, diagnose issues and restore systems/processes, and estimate time, cost, materials and scheduling as necessary for completion of projects.
Mountaire Farms is the sixth largest chicken producer, serving markets in 46 states in the US and more than 80 countries around the world. With operations in Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, North Carolina and Arkansas, Mountaire Farms continues to adhere to the highest standards of quality control and operational excellence. As a fast growing company with almost 10,000 employees, we are also firmly committed to providing a stable, consistent work environment. At Mountaire, we recognize that consumers are more aware of where their food comes from than ever before. We continually strive to deliver high-quality products to our customers, and we have implemented science-based best practices throughout our vertically integrated process with this goal in mind. From the start of this process on our breeder farms, through the hatchery, growing and production operations – we are committed to the health and welfare of our birds and, ultimately, our consumers.