Advanced Systems Engineer - Military Veterans
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings intelligent and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Honeywell changes the way the world works.
For more than 130 years, we’ve solved the toughest customer challenges through a rare combination of our industrial expertise and our innovations in ground breaking software and technology, and industry-leading automation.
This perfection is built on a foundation of inclusion, diversity and driving a performance culture that values integrity and ethics.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Join a team that designs, develops and integrates highly complex systems within Honeywell. You will be integral in creating system solutions that meet the evolving needs of our customers. You will be involved in every aspect of the systems life cycle; from the front end of business development through product end of life.
- requirements analysis
- requirements decomposition
- systems design
- model based development system design
- systems integration
- systems validation & verification
- customer interaction
- project oversight
- project coordination
- budget/schedule responsibility
Travel within US and/ or internationally may be required - 5%
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Science
- Minimum of 2.5 years experience of systems engineering experience in support of safety critical engine controller development
- 2+ years experience using Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook)
- Due to export control regulations, this position requires US citizenship status
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Experience working as a part of a cross discipline, cross site team
- Experience working within Honeywell’s system development processes for electronic controllers
- Basic knowledge of APU control systems and control components
- Knowledge of the systems development lifecycle
- Individuals that quickly analyze, incorporate and apply new information and concepts.
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done.
- Ability to adapt dictated by project changes
- Multi-tasking and has the ability to manage a variety of complicated tasks.
- Understanding of data structures to provide analytical problem solving
- JOB ID: req250221
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Lot #1, Las Americas Technology Park, State Road PR-2,,KM 117.3,Moca,PR,00676,Puerto Rico
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.