Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell Building technologies is a pioneer in building automation control and services. HBT is a market leader in several verticals including premium commercial, hospitality, education, healthcare, smart cities, data centers, industrial and warehouses. HBT offers technologies that extend information and knowledge from the building floor to the board room and comprehensive lifecycle services that help ensure a better occupant experience and more energy efficient building operations.
The Europe Sustainability Strategic Marketing Leader is responsible for leading, managing and directing all of the strategic marketing related activities in the field of sustainability for buildings. He/she will work with the business leaders and regional leaders to identify, document and execute an EU growth strategy for the business as well as regional and vertical components. This will be accomplished by leveraging competitive intelligence resources, networking with key stakeholders in sustainability and environmental governing bodies in Europe and developing / executing on the business’ strategic plan.
The successful candidate will work closely with internal senior executives, Field Sales organization, key business partners and the senior management team to maximize the growth, development and return on investment of the organization’s product portfolio today and in the future. He / She will lead the development of customer insights and business/market intelligence development, syndicated data, sales analysis and corresponding presentations so as to identify and capitalize on the most advantageous sustainability business opportunities in Europe.
Primary Job Duties:
Lead strategic marketing activities.
• Develop strategic plans that enable EU Sustainability business to grow faster than their markets.
• Define EU marketing and business development strategies aligned to the strategic plan.
• Align functional plans with the strategic plan. Lead integrated cross-functional teams to execute plan to drive outstanding financial results.
• Develop and implement comprehensive marketing plans focusing on growing sales and increasing profitability
• Develop forward looking product/service plans that enable profitable growth into the future
• Identification of cross-selling opportunities that fully utilize the breadth of Honeywell’s product and service offerings across all businesses.
• Investigate marketing opportunities with significant scale and synergy to drive growth and leverage current portfolio of products and solutions.
Develop and maintain a strategic plan for Sustainability business growth including:
• Portfolio analysis and assessment to identify revenue and growth plans by market and Sustainability segment.
• Identification and evaluation of organic growth strategies as well as strategic partnerships
• Fact-based analysis of market trends; competitive data; technology advancements; and customer needs assessment and new product developments.
• Creation of a prioritized strategic technology development plan for the EU business.
• Development of regional strategic plans to expand across strategic EU countries.
The successful candidate will be expected to be a high-energy, creative and resourceful self-starter who demonstrates leadership skills and instincts. He/she is highly intelligent and enthusiastic with a commitment to excellence. In terms of personal competencies, the successful candidate must be a hands-on person who possesses the best combination of strategic thinking and drive to achieve tangible business through connection with environmental and sustainability regulatory bodies. The candidates must be able to balance theoretical thought with practical. In addition, he/she should possess the following competencies:
• Strategic Marketing Skills: Deep understanding and experience with the ability to practically apply, as well as coach others to do so. Makes a strong link between strategy and functional results.
• Leadership: A confident, mature person with the ability to connect and inspire others
• Sustainability Domain Knowledge: Passionate about sustainability, deep understanding of key players in sustainability, customer needs and regulation landscape in Europe.
• Results-Oriented: A driver who possesses the ability to take actions and implement effective solutions in a timely manner
• Problem Solver: A creative yet pragmatic problem solver. Methodical and hands-on as well as detail-oriented
• Analytical Thinking and Decision-Making: A “conceptualizer” of enterprise and market trends/issues who can then integrate that thinking into marketing and business strategies. Decisive and logical at thoroughly evaluating issues. Excellent planning, execution and project-management skills.
• Teamwork and Interpersonal Skills: A team player and builder, receptive to ideas from others. Shares information and keeps team members and partners informed. Works effectively with others to identify and resolve issues. Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact successfully with all levels of management as well as a diverse work force.
• Ethics: Highest level of professional integrity and honesty as well as personal credibility.
• An undergraduate degree in marketing, business or technical discipline is required.
• The successful candidate will have a minimum of 6 to 8 years’ experience in Sustainability related role. He/she must have success leading marketing, strategic planning and growth initiatives.
• The successful candidate must possess proven marketing strategic, analytical and implementation skills.
• The successful candidate will have skills in strategic marketing with experience in assessing, analyzing and solving complex strategic business issues. In addition to management consulting or equivalent strategic planning experience, it is critical that the successful candidate have 3-4 years of hands-on experience [e.g., Sustainability / energy audit, Sustainability business development, marketing, sales, strategy, etc. ], worked in an applied role in a business, or other relevant hands-on experience where significant impact was achieved.
• The ideal experience base for this position would include a hybrid of both marketing and strategy.
• MBA is desirable but not necessary
• Preferably, the successful candidate will have worked within an operating environment as well as in a strategic consulting or staff marketing role. He/she is an excellent broad-based business thinker who can collaborate effectively with peers and executive functional and senior business line leaders.
• Proven strategic marketing, strategy formulation and product/business positioning skills.
• Solid commercial development and marketing expertise in a B2B Sustainability environment with significant growth expectation.
• Broad strategic analysis skill set complimented with a detail orientation.
• Sustainability operations exposure, with experience in developing effective business strategies and marketing plans across many different operating environments.
• Results to growing a business with profitable, organic and acquisition-oriented initiatives that leverage a company’s core technology, cost and competitive advantages.
• Proven ability to successfully direct start-up business opportunities, including market assessment, strategic planning, objective setting and implementation.
• Track record of establishing short and long term market and product growth goals, then executing operating plans to achieve them.
• Strong business acumen, “street smarts” and an in-depth understanding of the marketing and financial implications of new opportunities.
• Ability to understand and add value to high-level management interactions, with a proven ability to develop and “sell” creative business strategies.
• Experience managing in a matrixed and lean culture that continuously prioritizes operational excellence.
• Exceptional “leadership by influence” skills, energy and teaming capability; the ability to lead and motivate, share vision, inspire and rally colleagues.
- JOB ID: HRD103171
- Category: Business Management
- Location: Hermes Plaza Hermeslaan, 1H,Diegem,VLAAMS BRABANT,1831,Belgium
Honeywell | ,
Raytheon | Bruxelles,
Arrow Electronics | Zaventem,
Honeywell | Machelen,
Honeywell | Machelen,
Honeywell | Machelen,
Honeywell | Machelen,
Honeywell | Machelen,
Accenture | Bruxelles,
Honeywell | Antwerp,