Registered Nurse RN Cardiac Intensive Care ICU PRN - Military Veterans
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
- 63rd on Fortune’s 100 List
- One of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S.
- Ranked by Fortune as a Most Admired Company for 3 consecutive years
- Named by Ethisphere one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies
- 12 bed unit.
- Provides a high acuity level of care to a wide variety of cardiac and medical patients at a 2:1 patient to nurse ratio.
- The patient population includes diagnosis such as unstable angina and myocardial infarctions, arrhythmias, acute renal failure, acute respiratory failure, arrhythmias, cardiogenic shock, pneumonia, and sepsis.
- CICU also cares for patients who have undergone cardiothoracic surgery including cardiac bypass, complex valve replacement/repair, and TAVR. CICU consists of patients who require invasive hemodynamic monitoring, mechanical ventilation, EKOS (PE and extremities) continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT), ECMO, IMPELLA, intra-aortic Balloon Pump, and induced hypothermia.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
- Performs and documents total physical assessment for patients within unit Scope of Care.
- Analyzes pertinent data, communicates findings and documents information.
- Utilizes equipment and performs special procedures competently as related to unit Scope of Care.
- Organizes and prioritizes nursing care for a unit specific patient assignment.
- Administers all medications utilizing the 5 rights to medication administration.
- Initiates and documents patient teaching and discharge planning including family and/or significant other in collaboration with multidisciplinary team members.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge pertinent to nursing practice in Critical Care.
- Communicates effectively with peers, supervisors, ancillary department and other customers.
See what the team has to say!
Required - Two years experience as an RN in ICU.
Required - Graduate of accredited School of Nursing with current license as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Virginia.
Preferred - BSN degree or currently enrolled in BSN Program.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.