Medical Technologist PRN - Military Veterans
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at Wesley Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
At Wesley, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
· Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
· Paid Personal Leave
· 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
· Identity Theft Protection discounts
· Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
· Adoption Assistance
· Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our Lab team is a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Here is some of what you can expect from being a Medical Technologist with us:
· Performs clinical laboratory test procedures for high complexity testing according to written procedures, and communicates results to appropriate caregiver
· Evaluates acceptability of test results by applying knowledge of specimen suitability, test methodology, quality control parameters, age-related factors, critical values and disease-related factors, and verifies the results if acceptable
· Exhibits problem-solving abilities and takes appropriate remedial and corrective action when test results are equivocal or equipment malfunction occurs to ensure accuracy and timeliness of results
· Documents work activities and reports test results by utilizing clerical and computer functions to ensure accurate and timely reporting of results
· Obtains specimens by venipuncture, heel stick, or other appropriate methods from patients of all ages, newborn through geriatric, when requested, to assist in efficient lab operation
· Performs quality control, equipment calibration and equipment maintenance procedures according to written procedures to ensure accurate and timely lab results
· Trains new employees, instructs medical technology students and MLT students and presents staff continuing education/in-service programs as requested to ensure a well-trained and educated staff
· Properly handling and processing hazardous chemicals and waste as needed
What qualifications you will need:
· Current certification as a Medical Technologist by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists or CAHEA approved equivalent registry within 6 months of hire
· Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, or biological science, or medical technology from an accredited institution
One of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley Medical Center is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high quality medical services Wesley offers. It also includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley Medical Center. Wesley Medical Center is an acute care center, level I trauma center and licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. As a leader in overall recommend care, Wesley treats more than 24,000 patients annually and delivers more than 6,000 babies - more than any hospital in a 13 state region! Wesley Healthcare owns and operates Wesley Medical Center, Wesley Woodlawn Hospital & ER, Wesley Children’s Hospital, Wesley West ER, Wesley Derby ER and multiple WesleyCare clinics.
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.