VTC Technician III - Military Veterans
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Senior level VTC Technician responsible for the installation, operation, maintenance, and management of VTC systems in support of the AFCENT A6 at Shaw AFB, SC
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Install, operate, maintain, and manage VTC systems.
- Maintain VTC bridge operational support 18 hours per day (0600-2400/seven days per week/365 days per year.
- Act as the focal point for scheduling and day-to-day coordination of USAFCENT AOR-wide VTC reservations. The USAFCENT VTC operations center requires manning to support this service as well as unexpected VTC support during off-duty hours. Subtasks shall include:
- Act as the USAFCENT focal point and liaison to DISA Global Video Services (GVS)
- Assist customers with new requirements, provide suggestions within USAFCENT guidelines that meet their needs, and direct them to submit proper paperwork (AF Form 3215) to their local ECS/SCX personnel
- Assist customers with direct or bridged connectivity to GVS services, if needed.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationship with other bridging/hub locations, to include GVS, USCENTCOM, ARCENT.
- Adhere to USAFCENT SPIN-C/CONOPS VTC policy and procedures in daily operations and when dealing with users within USAFCENT AOR.
- During normal duty hours stated in the TO, be present in the VTC bridging facility 30 minutes prior to start time of the first bridged VTC connection of the day to bring up the call and be prepared for quality checks performed by the chairing location. During off hours (no operator present), ensure TMS will accommodate scheduled VTC sessions, as needed. If an O-6 or above will be hosting a bridged VTC during the off hours, an operator must be present for the duration of the bridged VTC session.
- Oversee the overall operational, management, and health of VTC facilities and systems distributed throughout the AOR under USAFCENT control.
- Interface directly with all AF site communication squadron commanders or appointed representatives and customers to provide feedback and identify corrective actions on local site equipment.
- Report to USAFCENT VTC PMO on health of network architecture and provide input to potential obstacles to expansion of network.
- Submit firewall exception request for new/changed circuits request and coordinate between NOSC and customer until issue is closed.
- Provide outage log, number of VTCs, and other data required by USAFCENT VTC PMO.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge, diagrams, and understanding of all VTC equipment implemented within the USAFCENT AOR.
- Maintain current copy of VTC architecture diagrams.
- Assist and train local facilitators, if requested, on VTC conference room set-up and operation. May assist by phone, if effective, but assist in person if an on-site visit is required. Local facilitators may require both operational assistance as well as technical assistance in troubleshooting malfunctioning VTC and associated equipment.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
VTC equipment support includes, but is not limited to, the equipment below and may include version or product updates in the individual TOs:
- Telepresence Management Suite (TMS) Software
- Cisco Network Enterprise Devices (VCS-Control, VCS-Expressway, Gatekeeper, Expressway Core, and Edge)
- Cisco Multipoint Control Units/Bridges (MSE8000, Codian 45XX series, and peripherals)
- Cisco Conference Room (CR) Codecs (All in product line to include C-Series, MX, SX, and SPARK systems)
- Cisco Desktops (All in product line to include EX series and DX systems)
- Cisco Codian ISDN Gateways 3200 series
- Cisco Codian IP Gateways 3500 series
- AMX, CRESTRON, EXTRON components (familiar with components of CR systems and controllers)
- Associated cabling
- Audio subsystems – amplifiers, mixers, speakers
- Other A/V equipment associated with video conference room systems (i.e., flat panel monitors, projectors)
Working environment is a climate-controlled facility.
Candidate must be able to lift 40 pounds.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Must meet the certification requirement of DoD 8570.01-M or individual task order. Security +
Lead level “hands on” work experience in installing, repairing, and troubleshooting or maintenance of VTC systems or equipment. Must have the technical knowledge to solve complex problems, understand the interrelationships of circuits, and be able to exercise independent judgment in performing tasks in support of communications systems or equipment.Experience, to include supervision and shop practices.
Personnel in this labor category are considered experts in the field. Lead level experience in maintenance/troubleshooting of VTC electronic systems or equipment as specified in the task order, to include the following:
- Basic operations of TMS) software
- Cisco devices (Codecs and MCUs (53XX Series))
- Cisco network enterprise devices (VCS-Control, VCS-Expressway, Expressway Core and Edge)
- Cisco CR Codecs (C/SX/MX/Spark-Series)
- Cisco desktops (EX/DX series)
- Control systems EXTRON/AMX/CRESTRON components
- CRESTRON and AMX touch panel [interfaces] and associated software
- Audio subsystems (amplifiers, mixers, microphone and speaker systems)
- Media devices (e.g., DVD players, VCRs, etc.)
- Multimedia display (e.g., projectors, LCD, plasma, LED displays, etc.)
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.