Medical Staff Credentialing Coordinator PRN - Military Veterans
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities as a Medical Staff Services Credential Coordinator you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Rapides Regional Medical Center a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At Rapides Regional we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Person Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Great healthcare starts with compassion.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Medical Staff Services Credential Coordinator where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
- The culture throughout the entire hospital is team and patient focused.
- Everyone on the team are motivated and leadership is committed to mentoring through career mapping for educational and personal success.
- Patient safety and satisfaction are our number one priority.
- Follows Federal and State laws, and The Joint Commission standards to process applications and reapplications as needed for physicians and Advanced Practice Practitioners (APPs)
- Maintains close working relationship with the Credentialing Processing Center to ensure that credentialing verification procedures are completed in a timely manner according to the Credentials Verification Agreement and as outlined in the medical staff bylaws and medical staff office policies and procedures.
- Maintains on-site credentials files for physicians and APP’s in complete and current status
- Tracks new applicants and reappointments to ensure that providers privileges/membership do not expire.
- Prepares credentials files prior to review by Medical Staff Services Director.
- Provides follow up to expirable reports that are generated by the CPC. Ensures that expirable items are current. Follows up appropriately with provider regarding expiring/expired license, insurance, certification, etc. and notifies staff in a timely manner to ensure that provider does not work with an expired credential.
- Responsible for scheduling Credentials Committee including obtaining needed signatures before the meeting, notifying providers needing interview, notifying members, creating agenda and completing minutes.
- Coordinate and schedule other designated meetings of the medical staff departments and committees as needed. Accurately documents the activities of meeting proceedings. Performs follow-up on actions taken or pending.
- Assures that data (dates, privileges, CVI closure, etc.) is entered in the medical staff computer system (Cactus) after providers are approved by the Board of Trustees. Generate BOT approval letters
- Reviews data to assure continued up-to-date, correct information.
- Assures that computerized information is maintained in a confidential manner.
- Provides mass mailer services to departments throughout the hospital that require information provided by the Medical Staff Office.
- Monitors and stays current on issues related to medical staff bylaws, credentials activities and medical staff policies and procedures manuals.
- Stays current on issues related to The Joint Commission standards and other accreditation and licensing standards addressing medical staff issues and requirements.
- Performs general office and clerical work, including typing, filing, copying, faxing and mail-outs.
- Performs computer data entry with minimal errors.
- Maintains security of computer systems, credentials files, and Medical Staff minutes.
Behavior demonstrates understanding and adherence to Rapides Regional Medical Center’s values which are:
Works with an attitude of SERVICE
Promotes TEAMWORK within the department and the organization
Exhibits ACCOUNTABILITY and responsibility in the performance of the job
Exhibits RESPECT to self and others
Demonstrates an attitude of SAFETY in all tasks, job duties and responsibilities
Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM) or Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) preferred or actively pursuing certification
Associate Degree in Medical Staff Services Science, business or related field of study or an equivalent combination of training and experience preferredMinimum of two years of comprehensive experience as a Medical Staff Services professional. Must have working knowledge of Medical Staff credentialing, basic Medical Staff organizational structure and regulatory agency requirements
Rapides Regional Medical Center is an award-winning 328+ bed hospital and ER in Alexandria, Louisiana that offers a wide array of services ranging from Cancer Care to Wound Care, and our medical staff includes doctors in more than 30 medical specialties.
At Rapides Regional we believe that well-defined values are the key to nurturing staff and patient satisfaction. By joining our team you contribute to the positive culture of the hospital, which directly impacts the well-being of your patients, their families, your colleagues, and your own personal job satisfaction. We invite you to learn firsthand what our unwavering commitment to patient satisfaction, service excellence and professional expertise can do for your career.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Medical Staff Services Credential Coordinator opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.