Senior level Systems Administrator responsible for SYSADMIN tasks associated with the day-to-day technical operations of the Network Control Center supporting the Office of the Defense Representative-Pakistan in Islamabad.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Provide administration, installation, operation, and maintenance on all USAFCENT-supported networks and support day-to-day technical operations of the network control center (NCC). This support includes working with USAFCENT NOSC to integrate the deployed locations’ local networks into the USAFCENT Enterprise Network, supporting organizational client system technicians on local area network (LAN) and personal computer issues, and working with any other agency to provide the services required.
- Engineer, install, and maintain network equipment to support new and emerging requirements.
- Provide responsive services to include real-time network-level configuration control, network restoration, quality control and performance standards, status reporting, master station log (MSL), and other actions required by policies, responsibilities, and operational procedures IAW the SPIN-C.
- Support all NOSC-deployed projects.
- Maintain a help desk IAW the SPIN-C and local procedures. The help desk provides the focal point for all user issues and job tracking. Maintain, load, and administer the basic computer platform, software, firmware, and hardware. The help desk shall act as the first level of support for desktop and network issues. Any incident that cannot be resolved will be escalated to the NCC and then the NOSC.
Tasks shall include:
- Systems management, monitoring, and sustainment.
- Hardware repair for PCs and peripheral equipment.
- Assist base user population in software installation, maintenance, and sustainment.
- Compliance with all associated guidance and directives in the SPIN-C.
- Compliance with guidance and directives issued in CTOs and in NOTAMs.
- Compliance with all associated DoD, USAF, USCENTCOM, USAFCENT, and local instructions.
- Use of Remedy to report and track all local and enterprise issues associated with network and systems operations.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Computers, printers, scanners, telephone and general office type equipment
Working environment is a climate-controlled facility. Outdoor temperatures may exceed temperatures of 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
Candidate must be able to lift 40 pounds
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Must meet the certification requirement of DODI 8570.01-M or individual task order. The contractor is expected to have, but is not limited to, the following IT certificate:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) – Windows 10 or newer
- MCSA – Windows Server 2012 or newer or MCSA – SQL Server 2012/2014
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) – Mobility
- MCSE – Data Management and Analytics
Minimum of six years of experience in design, maintenance, and operation of small to medium networks.
This experience must include administrating corporate or business’ user accounts managing mail servers, printer servers, web servers, and/or firewalls. Must have experience in reviewing and recommending software applications as well as identifying hardware salient characteristics and any add on devices. Experience in systems management, monitoring and sustainment; hardware repair for servers, PCs, peripheral equipment; software installation, maintenance and sustainment.
Must have experience in analyzing and troubleshooting military networks, to include:
- Microsoft Enterprise Server 2008/2012 or later version
- Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013 (or later version) and other mail applications (local and remote)
- Microsoft Active Directory 2008/2012 or later version
- Network server backup
- DHCP, DNS, WINS, and domain controllers
- Site-specific equipment listed in the task order
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.