Do new ideas and technology thrill you?
Do people call you an overachiever?
Do you enjoy facing new development challenges and working in dynamic teams?
If your answer to those questions is an enthusiastic "yes!" then you may be the person we___re looking for to join our innovative team as a Software Engineer.
As part of the Software Products Team, you will be an integral part of helping Raytheon Missiles & Defense further our vision to be the global leader in core and next-generation weapon and security solutions. By any measure, Raytheon Missiles & Defense is an exciting and rewarding place to work. We pride ourselves on developing world-class talent in an inclusive atmosphere. The result is a workforce that takes pride in the company and consistently delivers superior solutions.
Applies basic software engineering technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques associated with the C and C++ computer languages for software development. Under general supervision, develops solutions to a variety of challenging technical problems in software development, following established procedures. Contributes to the successful completion of software related milestones on projects that include C/C++ software development, design, code, unit test and formal testing. Interacts with senior software engineers and support staff on a situational basis. Develops and builds knowledge of emerging software technologies. Produces documentation related to the design and release of software artifacts and provides formal and informal presentations to senior software personnel.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
We have Full-time and Part-time opportunities available.
Job responsibilities include, but not limited to
- Applying expertise in software development for embedded multi-processor systems using C++ and Ada languages.
- Providing software solutions to complex technical problems using ingenuity and creativity. Following and/or recommending changes to department processes and procedures
- Reviewing software products for soundness of technical judgment and adequacy.
- Producing documentation related to the design and release of software artifacts.
- Utilizing agile software development methods, automation, and continuous integration.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- B.S. in a STEM degree. (Preferred Degrees: Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics (or other physical science), or other related degree). ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. If you have completed your degree within the last 18 months please apply to Missile Systems college jobs under www.raytheon.com/campus
- Two (2) years of professional experience in one or more of the following: programming experience, data structures and algorithms, systems software design, operating systems, and/or architectures
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with real time operating systems (Green Hills Integrity, VxWorks, etc)
- Experience using MATLAB
- Experience with Scripting
- Experience with Agile Software
- Experience working in a DoD embedded software environment
- Computer Science classes such as Operating Systems and Compiler Design
- Electrical Engineering classes related to embedded systems design
___I work with missile software and brilliant people every day. There is nothing more exciting than that!___- CH
___I picked RMD as my first employer, because of the opportunities that are available here. With RMD, I know that if, in the future, I'm interested in exploring other areas, such as signal processing or systems engineering, that the opportunity to do so is available. Also, RMD encourages education and training and offers different ways to learn new skills or brush up on old skills.___ ___ EH
What excites you about the work you do at RMD - SPT every day?
___I get to work with and learn from the most talented individuals in the country. There is a lot of diversity in experience and education, and it is amazing to see what we can accomplish together. And knowing that our work has a national impact makes it very awarding.___- Jsa
___I don't do the same thing every day. In fact, I am basically given the opportunity to turn 180 degrees every couple of months to try out something completely new and that keeps me entertained.___- GC
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Additional information can be found here: All About Security Clearances
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon: Aspiring to be the most admired defense and aerospace systems company through our world-class people, innovation and technology
Raytheon Company is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 91 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems; as well as a broad range of mission support services.