Medical Technologist - Military Veterans
DescriptionSHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
We are seeking a dynamic motivated hospital based Medical Technologist like you to join our organization. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, a generous benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401(K), PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program.
*This is a 2nd shift position
As a Medical Technologist, you will perform stat and routine clinical laboratory testing in technical discipline areas in which individual and department are licensed under the direction of a laboratory supervisor, manager or director. You will perform duties consistent with written procedures and regulatory requirements and apply theoretical concepts of laboratory medicine using independent judgement to ensure timely and accurate results. You will perform non-technical duties including, but not limited to specimen collection, processing and referral testing within the department as required. The Medical Technologist I supports the department in achieving department goals for service, quality, regulatory compliance, financial performance, patient satisfaction, healthy work environment, and integration of intra and inter-departmental activities.
- Become proficient with information system computer functions relative to job duties
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability in the performance of accurate and timely laboratory testing
- Work in an organized manner and perform according to section procedure manual so that other personnel can follow workflow
- Analyze proficiency testing samples according to instructions and complete within the allowable time frame
- Assume responsibility of the department as appropriate in the absence of the supervisor
- Consistently complete all required records/documentation pertaining to patient results
- Perform stat procedures within established turnaround time targets
- Demonstrate the ability to use good judgment and independent thinking in the correlation and interpretation of patient results. (including performing delta checks, etc.)
- Review pending logs (OSR) and result logs; resolve any outstanding workload or communicate to staff relief
- Perform quality control procedures per protocol and completes necessary documentation
- Assure that quality control results are within acceptable guidelines and parameters
- Take pertinent corrective action when the patient, control, standard, calibration and/or proficiency results are not within appropriate guidelines
- Assist supervisor in meeting department regulatory agency requirements (CAP, etc.)
- Operate all equipment correctly and perform periodic maintenance according to schedule
- Demonstrate the ability to perform equipment troubleshooting to resolve basic equipment malfunctions
- Assist in monitoring reagents and supply inventories and utilize them appropriately
- Maintain education and development appropriate for position
- Handle all problem and/or critical laboratory specimens/test results according to established procedures and in a timely manner
- Ensure quality and accuracy of work meets standards
You Should Have:
- A 2 Year/Associate Degree in Science is required
- A 4 Year/Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology preferred
- A State of Florida Technologist License OR the ability to obtain the license during the interview process
- 1-3 years of previous experience in clinical laboratory setting
- You should have availability to work during disasters
- The ability to frequently stand, bend, reach, squat, kneel, move, and lift patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
IRL is a member of the nation's leading providerof healthcare services, HCA Healthcare. HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA Healthcare has also been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and ranks 63rd on the Fortune 500 List. Join our tradition of excellence! We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Are you intrigued?
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. We are actively interviewing so apply today. We are very excited to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.