This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Intermediate level Infrastructure Drafter/CAD Operator in support of the 379th Communications Squadron in Qatar.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Operate and maintain I/O cable plant software and provide CAD drawing capability for the creation and update of C4 telecommunications, IT infrastructure, and systems drawings.
- Produce drawings reflecting engineered solutions and be of enough detail to serve as installation drawings. Once the installations are completed, convert the mark-up drawings to final, as-built drawings. These drawings shall become a part of the facility records. The drawings shall be completed in AutoCAD, Google Earth (SIPRNet), or C4ISR Infrastructure Planning System Visual Component to USAF or U.S. Army standards unless otherwise specified in the individual TO.
- Provide geographic/geospatial information capability. Update the base Geographic/Geospatial Information System (i.e., ArcGIS), as required, to provide the communications overlay for base planning. Updates shall include the physical aspects of the infrastructure (location, type, number of pairs/strands), but no circuit data shall be documented.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Standard office equipment to include Government provided computers, printers, scanners, telephone. CAD Software will also be used.
Work is completed in a climate-controlled facility/office. Outside temperatures can reach 110 degrees Fahrenheit.
Should be able to lift 40 pounds.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Associates Degree from a school in drafting or illustration and must have completed AUTOCAD Levels 1 & 2 training.
Intermediate experience in the following:
- Preparing Level 3 engineering drawings, circuit schematics, and illustrations, using AUTOCAD or Micro Station for electronics systems or equipment
- Preparing detailed CAD drawings of telecommunications, IT infrastructure, and systems to reflect engineering solutions and to facilitate installation of the telecommunications and IT infrastructure
- Preparing final as-built drawings that become part of the facility records in AutoCAD, to USAF or U.S. Army standards
- Performing visual inspections and conducting precise measurements to verify engineering drawings for electronic systems or equipment
Must be able to use CAD software. Attention to detail.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.