SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Are you looking for a work environment as a Medical Lab Technician where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with Chippenham Hospital today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
At Chippenham Hospital, we want to ensure our employee's needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive benefits to our benefits eligible employees such as medical, dental, vision and other unique benefits to include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Medical Lab Technician like you to be a part of our team.
Our Medical Lab Technicians (MLT) perform assigned laboratory tests in specialty departments to include Hematology, Clinical Chemistry, Blood Bank, Serology, Coagulation, Urinalysis, and Microbiology. By conducting laboratory tests and procedures, you will help to provide data for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease.
- Day-to-day duties include complex analysis of microscopic, immunologic, biologic, bacteriologic, hematologic, and chemical tests and their results.
- You will also be responsible for specimen receiving and putting away supplies when received in the department.
- You will troubleshoot/resolve instrument problems and document corrective action in appropriate log and when necessary, perform instrumentation repairs.
- Assure that quality control is properly performed and logged and follow proper department procedure for corrective action.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills to train new employees and/or students.
- You will actively participate in phlebotomy and the accession responsibilities.
Chippenham Hospital Awards and Distinctions
Accredited by the Joint Commission with a Gold Seal of Approval
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for advanced primary stroke, heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, perinatal care, hip and knee replacement and surgical care.
- Disease-Specific Certifications for Acute Myocardial Infarction & Hip and Knee Replacement.
- Certified Chest Pain Center
- Considered the region's first choice for orthopedics, joint care, behavioral health and cardiovascular care.
Associate’s Degree in Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Sciences or related field. Nursing Degree will be considered with the required CLIA acceptable courses
MLT registry or eligible. Successful completion of MLT registry within 6 months of eligibility or hire
ASCP or equivalent is preferred
- PRN to include weekend and holiday requirements
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Medical Lab Technician opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.