DescriptionSHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- You will complete moderate and high complexity testing and follow laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analysis, reporting, and maintaining patient result records
- You will correctly receive specimens, print labels, and enter and verify patient data without errors
- You will operate and troubleshoot test systems
- You will identify problems which may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results
- You will ensure that test selection and reference ranges are age-appropriate
- You will ensure timely availability of laboratory results
- You will perform quality control activities appropriate to each assay performed and respond appropriately to outlier results
- You will participate in proficiency testing activities in each applicable technical area
Located in Central Austin, St. David’s Medical Center includes a 426-bed acute care hospital and a 64-bed rehabilitation hospital providing comprehensive inpatient and outpatient care. It is home to the internationally renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St. David’s Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The hospital provides a complete range of women’s services, including its acclaimed maternity unit, maternal-fetal medicine, a high-risk maternal and neonatal transport team, the region’s largest Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and The Breast Center; complex surgical services; a comprehensive Bariatric Surgery Center; and a 24-hour emergency department.
- 2 years of generalist and blood bank experience in acute care setting – preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or a related field
- Graduation from a clinical rotation or internship from an accredited medical technology program OR, 50-week military training course or acceptable equivalent which results in eligibility to take registry exam in medical technology (Clinical Laboratory Science).
- Registration as a Medical Technologist (MT) by American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP), National Credentialing Agency (NCA), or American Medical Technologists (AMT) OR, evidence of a passing registry exam score within 1 year of hire
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.