Information System Security Engineer (ISSE) - Military Veterans
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Mid-level Information System Security Engineer (ISSE) to join our team in Washington, DC, Quantico, or Chantilly, VA.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify information protection needs for an IS and Network Environment
- Define IS and Network Environment security requirements in accordance with applicable cybersecurity requirements
- Design security architectures for use within the IS and Network Environment
- Design and develop cybersecurity-enabled products for use within an IS and Network Environment
- Integrate and/or implement security with Cross Domain Solutions (CDS) for use within an IS and Network Environment
- Develop and implement security designs for new or existing network system(s). Ensure that the design of hardware, operating systems, and software applications adequately address cybersecurity requirements for the IS and Network Environment
- Design, develop, and implement network security measures that provide confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, and non-repudiation
- Design, develop, and implement specific cybersecurity countermeasures for the IS and Network Environment
- Develop interface specifications for the IS and Network Environment
- Develop approaches to mitigate IS and Network Environment vulnerabilities and recommend changes to network or network system components as needed
- Ensure that network system(s) designs support the incorporation of FBI directed cybersecurity vulnerability solutions
- 5 years of experience with the use and operation of security tools including Tenable Nessus and/or Security Center, IBM Guardium, HP WebIlnspect, Network Mapper (NMAP), and/or similar applications
- One of the following certifications: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) (or Associate), CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) CASP CE, Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP), CISSP- Information System Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP), or CISSP- Information System Security Architecture Professional (ISSAP)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or other cyber discipline, or equivalent education/experience; Doctorate plus 4 years; Master’s plus 3 years; Associates plus 7 years; or H.S./GED plus 10 years
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Active TS with SCI eligibility
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%.
- Needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
- Often positions self to maintain computers in the lab, including under the desks and in the server closet.
- Frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- May be asked to move Audio/Visual or Computer equipment weighing up to 50 pounds across and/or around a business campus or large facility.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
ManTech was founded in 1968 to provide advanced technological services to the United States government. We began with a single contract with the U.S. Navy to develop war-gaming models for the submarine community. Over the years, our government's technology needs have increased dramatically in scope and sophistication, and we have grown to meet that challenge.
For more than 4 decades, we kept a careful eye on where emerging technologies were taking the government, and we developed the resources to master those technologies—by staying close to our customers and anticipating their needs, hiring talented professionals to propel us into the future, and acquiring companies with proven capabilities.
Today, we are a multi-billion-dollar public company that provides the innovation, adaptability, and critical thinking our government needs for success in defense, intelligence, law enforcement, science, administration, health, and other fields—throughout the nation and in many countries throughout the world. We are now applying the lessons learned in the unforgiving arena of national security to help the private sector protect networks and critical information.