Registered Nurse RN - Intensive Care Unit ICU - Military Veterans
Lee'S Summit, MO
DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as an Intensive Care RN today with Lee's Summit Medical Center.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At LSMC we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
The Life of an HCA Nurse
You contribute to our success. Every ole has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated ICU RN like you to be a part of our team.
ICU nurses work quickly, efficiently, independently, and meticulously. In order to treat the most critical patients in the most thorough manner, critical care nurses use their specialized skills and extensive knowledge of disease pathology to provide interventions that sustain life.
About this unit:
- 10 Bed Unit with 2:1 Patient/Nurse Ratio
- High Acuity and High volume in a tight knit, family oriented unit, no one works alone.
- CRRT, Impella, Balloon Pumps, Cardiac, Vascular, Septic Shock and more!
- Stroke and Stemi Certified
- Dedicated Intensivists, Approachable and teaching physicians
- Supportive leadership team and opportunity for CCRN, cross training and more growth!
- Under the general direction of the Director, Manager or Nurse Manager, Registered Nurse (RN) coordinates and provides patient care and assumes individual responsibility and accountability for the provision of nursing care.
- Registered Nurse (RN) provides nursing care is in accordance with hospital policies and procedures, applicable state Nursing Practice Acts, ANA Standards of Practice and the generic and unit structure standards
- BSN Preferred
- Must have a current MO RN license upon hire or a current multistate RN license. If only a multistate RN license is provided upon hire, a MO RN license will be required within 90 days of employment.
- BLS required upon hire and ACLS required within 6 months of hire.
- NIH Stroke Scale certification required within 90 days of hire and annually within the fiscal year. Shall document a minimum of eight (8) hours of cerebrovascular (stroke) related continuing nursing education per fiscal year.
- 1-2 years of previous experience preferred. Prior experience in a similar size facility with similar services provided is preferred. Previous emergency, pre-hospital or critical care preferred.
Lee’s Summit Medical Center serves Lee’s Summit, Missouri, and surrounding areas. The 80 -bed advanced technology facility is both a Joint Commission Chest Pain Certified Hospital and a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center. LSMC is an affiliate of HCA Healthcare.
Additional features include:
Emergency Department with 14 private treatment rooms;
Orthopedic and Spine Center,
Level II stroke designation
Cardiovascular services with a cardiac catheterization lab, cardiac rehabilitation, vascular surgery and more;
Rehabilitation services with physical, occupational and speech therapy and sports medicine;
Surgical service, including bariatrics, orthopedics, colorectal and robotic assisted procedures; imaging services;
The Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Lee's Summit Medical Center.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
For more information and a look at all Lee's Summit Medical Center openings, please reach out to Tom Eyberg at email Thomas.Eyberg@hcahealthcare.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Lee'S Summit, MO
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.