The incumbent in this position is expected to model the following practices on a daily basis: 1) Demonstrate alignment with the company's mission and core business values; 2) Collaborate with key internal/external resources; 3) Participate in ongoing self-development.
- Develops, facilitates, and delivers state-of-the-art technical training programs, skill practices, reinforcement methods technical training
- Assesses new and tenured technicians to measure progress and to evaluate the effectiveness of training and reports on progress within defined training periods
- Acts as a Technical Training Consultant for Company stores to ensure the resolution of critical technical training problems and the development of employee job skills and competencies
- Collaborates with Technical Communicators (TCs) and other technical trainers to develop hands-on skills assessments
- Consults with individuals throughout the organization to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training and obtain an understanding of changes in policies, procedures, regulations, business initiatives, and technologies that impact training
- Continually acquires personal training skills and learning techniques to ensure optimal retention and resources required for productive training presentation and development
- Works safely at all times and adheres to all applicable safety policies; complies with all company policies, procedures, and standards
- Requires regular and punctual employee attendance
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Able to demonstrate strong technical aptitude and understanding relating to maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing current and legacy Caterpillar Generator Sets.
- Proven knowledge of power factor and reactive/resistive loading on an engine and a generator and the ability to recognize different circuit breaker types.
- Ability to test, adjust, and troubleshoot current production and legacy generator sets, a generator mounted control panels, engine-mounted junction boxes, including electromechanical control panels, such as the Caterpillar EMCP 3+ and EMCP 4+.
- Able to perform the proper voltage and frequency adjustments for DVR, CDVR, and IVR voltage regulators.
- Able to perform testing and adjusting on the legacy and new switchgear and transfer switches.
- Able to connect and adjust generators to operate in parallel using voltage droop and cross current compensation.
- A thorough understanding of remote and direct interface with Generator Set Control Panels, annunciators, and engine ECMs.
- Experience working on and troubleshooting Caterpillar EPG equipment.
- Knowledge of Caterpillar SIS and ET software.
- Must have excellent planning, organizing, and influencing skills.
- Must he the ability to work independently and within a team in a fast-paced, high volume environment with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills to include formal presentation skills before small and large groups.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products; Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.
- Exceptional organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of personnel within the organization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to establish working relationships with multiple departments and various levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a diversified team.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum five years of technical experience working on Caterpillar EPG equipment required, seven years preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Valid driver’s license required
- Preferred Caterpillar Certified Training: Caterpillar Instructor Accreditation Program (CIAP), Caterpillar Electric Power 1, Caterpillar Electric Power 2, Caterpillar Electric Power 3, Tier 4 Final, and Electronic Troubleshooting (26679 or 52647)
- Up to 25%
- This role frequently communicates with others, must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and printers
- This position involves extended periods in a stationary position; additionally, the occasional movement inside the office to access office machinery, file cabinets, etc.
- Occasionally lifts and moves materials and equipment up to 45 lbs.
- This job is generally performed 50% in an office environment and 50% outside; Exposure to noise, dust, grease, fumes, gases, heat, cold, and inclement weather conditions
HOLT® CAT is the authorized Caterpillar® heavy equipment and engine dealer for 118 counties in South, Central, North and East Texas. Established in 1933, HOLT sells, services and rents Cat equipment, engines and generators for construction, mining, industrial, petroleum and agricultural applications. HOLT sells Caterpillar used equipment worldwide and fabricates its own line of custom engineered products including root plows and water tankers.
HOLT CAT is one of 15 dealers in the Americas to receive Caterpillar's "Circle of Excellence" award. This award is given to the top five dealers in Caterpillar's East Region, West/Canada Region, and South America Region. This prestigious recognition is achieved through a dealerships consistent excellence across a variety of business measurements including performance, quality, safety and customer satisfaction.
Texas Army National Guard | Lewisville, Texas
Texas Army National Guard | Fort Worth, Texas
Texas Instruments | Dallas, Texas
Holt CAT | Dallas, Texas
Cushman & Wakefield and C&W Services | Lewisville, Texas
Cushman & Wakefield and C&W Services | Lewisville, Texas
Cushman & Wakefield and C&W Services | Plano, Texas
Koch Industries | Frisco, Texas
Holt CAT | Fort Worth, Texas
AutoNation | North Richland Hills, Texas