Under the direct Supervision of Logistics Supervisor, the Traffic Management Supervisor provides movement control support for the surface/air/sea movement of cargo and personnel through the U.S. Military transportation system. Responsible for receiving, validating and processing all transportation movement requests (TMR) and Air Movement Requests (AMR) for the personnel and equipment transiting, originating and terminating assigned Movement Control Team Area of Responsibility. Labeling, placarding and marking equipment for shipment. Identifies and troubleshoots problem areas in movement and recommends solutions to management. Works closely with customers to ensure desired movement objectives, priorities and schedules are met and communicated to management. Analyzes work process and develops matrix for measuring performance. Instill a safety-first mentality within respective work areas and a culture that achieves low accident rates and minimal lost-time injuries.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- Prepares, compiles, and submits reports on work schedule, activities, operations, and production. Confers with customer, supervisors, contractors, and other personnel to exchange information and resolve problems.
- Responsible for overseeing container management and the monthly container management inventory.
- Prepares documentation for all container needs and requests.
- Ensure strict compliance to safety practices in accordance Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Identifies training deficiencies and conducts on-the-job training as required.
- Maintains historical data on all movements.
- Leads cargo movement and a responsibility for coordination, preparation, equipment safety and accountability.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications: Education/Certifications: One-year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Must be CAC eligible and be able to pass a National Agency Check with inquiries (NACI)
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Must obtain Smart Card
Must be able to obtain Kuwait Driver’s License
- At least one (1) years’ experience in Logistic field operation may include but not limited to; truck dispatching, import/export, cargo shipping/receiving, transportation, customer service, negotiations or other related experience.
- Knowledge of computers and related software including spreadsheets, word processing, and windows.
- Ability to effectively work under pressure, strict timelines, and regulations.
- Ability to establish and maintain and effective working relationship with external and internal customers,
- ability to keep records and prepare reports.
- Must be a self starter, perform with minimum supervision.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing to customers and workers.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a tactful and effective manner.
- Must be capable of working in an extreme weather conditions with temperatures exceeding 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Indoor and/or outdoor environment with very adverse and harsh conditions (i.e., hot, dry, duty, desert environment with average temperatures of 30 degrees in
- the winter and 130 degrees in the summer months). Includes some industrial production environment conditions as well.
- Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Work may require heavy lifting, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in
- areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical, or biological agents. Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes, but is not limited to, head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective
- devices. Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.