The Logistics Supervisor, Senior provides oversight of all Transportation functions in support of the LOGCAP V Kuwait Task Order; specific activities include but are not limited to: Transportation, MHE, Movement Control, and Container Management. Serves as a key customer contact for transportation activities, establishes milestones, monitors adherence to plans and schedules, identifies problems and develops solutions, such as allocation of resources. Ensures all Transportation personnel, to include subcontractors, are trained, qualified and certified as needed to perform the requirements of the contract in an efficient, safe and cost-effective manner under the requirements specified in individual sections of the Performance Work Statement (PWS).
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- Provides cost, schedule, and technical performance guidance to ensure successful completion of program objectives.
- Coordinates with the Customer and Vectrus Leadership.
- Oversees the coordination of work priorities and monitoring of methods, procedures, and programs.
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, peers, and other stakeholders as required.
- Oversees various logistical operations to consider include inventory management, order fulfillment and distribution
- Ensures the logistics department coordinates all activities connected to the goods circulation by interfering in the following fields
- Oversees programming and forecasting, supply, production, material handling, packaging, stock control, warehousing, distribution until the delivery to final customer through the best logistics scheme in terms of Cost, Lead-time & Quality.
- Serves as a key customer contact for transportation activities, establishes milestones, monitors adherence to plans and schedules, identifies problems and develops solutions, such as allocation of resources.
- Ensures all Transportation personnel, to include subcontractors, are trained, qualified and certified as needed to perform the requirements of the contract in an efficient, safe and cost-effective manner under the requirements specified in individual sections of the Performance Work Statement (PWS).
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
Minimum Qualifications: Education/Certifications: One-year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Secret clearance is required
- Candidate must possess at least six (8) years of multi-functional logistics experience relating to transportation and support services provided by the installation.
- Preferred candidates will possess at least four to six years of Army multi-functional logistics experience at a Supervisory level.
- Experience managing government contracts highly desired.
- Shall be capable of providing analysis of practices and problems of all functions of the Logistics department to increase the effectiveness of logistics support provided
- by the installation.
- Excellent communication and writing skills are required along with a working knowledge of computer operations to include spreadsheet, database, word processing,
- and presentation applications.
- Great organizational and management skills with a strong ability to work independent as a member of a robust team.
- Provides guidance and direction to a multinational team.
- Must be capable of working in an extreme weather conditions with temperatures exceeding 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Indoor and/or outdoor environment with very adverse and harsh conditions (i.e., hot, dry, duty, desert environment with average temperatures of 30 degrees in
- the winter and 130 degrees in the summer months). Includes some industrial production environment conditions as well.
- Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Work may require heavy lifting, stooping, climbing, prolonged
- standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical, or biological agents. Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes, but is not limited to, head, foot,
- torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices. Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.