Georgia-Pacific is looking for our next Maintenance Millwright to join our growing team! Our Fayette facility in Belk, AL manufactures dimensional lumber of superior-quality in order to meet the demanding needs of builders. If you are looking for a career that will advance your skills and benefit your community, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshooting, installing, aligning, dismantling, repairing, and maintaining industrial machinery and mechanical equipment for improved reliability and uptime
- Performing periodic maintenance routines to identify and correct mechanical defects
- Working with operations associates to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Helping meet or exceed production, waste, and quality goals by successfully maintaining production equipment
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures and actively participate in safety program
The Experience You Will Bring
- Two (2) years of experience installing, trouble-shooting and repairing industrial equipment
- Manual lathe, milling machine and fabrication experience
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
- Willing and able to work any shift, weekends, overtime and holidays
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Experience with metal fabrication (cutting, welding, machining, etc.)
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic and pneumatics systems, reading hydraulic schematics
- Experience with blueprint reading and precision measurements
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, conveyors
- Experience with precision alignment of motors, couplings, bearings and pumps, lubrication
- Welding certification
- High School diploma or GED
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Koch companies have a presence in nearly 60 countries and employ about 60,000 people. They have invested about $45 billion in acquisitions and other capital expenditures since 2003 to make life better around the world by efficiently converting resources into products and services that people depend on every day.
Our major industries include refining, chemicals and biofuels; process and pollution control equipment and technologies; minerals; fertilizers; polymers and fibers; commodity trading and services; forest and consumer products; and ranching.
Since 1960, the value of the Standard & Poor's 500 grew 100-fold (assuming the reinvestment of dividends). During that same period, the value of Koch Industries grew nearly 3,500-fold (using the same assumptions). The growth of Koch companies has been achieved both through acquisitions and through expansion and broadening of existing businesses. Contributing to the company’s continued growth is the shareholders’ long-time policy of reinvesting 90 percent of earnings.
We have long been committed to creating real, sustainable value for all of society. For decades, Koch companies have supported education and social progress. These philanthropic efforts include support for educational institutions, foundations and programs that study and promote market-based solutions to societal challenge. Koch also works to protect, conserve and enhance natural resources; Koch companies around the world have earned more than 550 awards for safety, environmental excellence, community stewardship, innovation and customer service since January 2009.
Lumen | Reform, Alabama
Lumen | Fayette, Alabama
Lumen | Vernon, Alabama
O'Reilly Automotive | Vernon, Alabama
General Dynamics | Columbus Air Force Base, Mississippi
Walgreens | Columbus, Mississippi
Aetna, Inc. | Gordo, Alabama
Kelly | Beaverton, Alabama
Aetna, Inc. | Gordo, Alabama