Perform duties as an Electrician High Voltage (Lead). Responsible for performing a variety of electrical trade functions such as the installation, inspection, maintenance, and repair of equipment for the generation, distribution, or utilization of high voltage electric energy. Maintains electrical systems and components of electrical power distribution and generating equipment. Performs operations and maintenance duties to maintain power to telecommunications equipment and maintains the facility’s physical electrical distribution system in good repair.
- Installation, maintenance, or repair of equipment for the generation, distribution, or utilization of electric energy.
- Installing or repairing any of a variety of electrical equipment such as generators, transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, heating units, conduit systems, or other transmission equipment.
- Working from blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications.
- Locating and diagnosing trouble in the electrical system or equipment.
- Working standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment, and using a variety of electrician's hand tools and measuring and testing instruments.
- Inspects, maintains and repairs high voltage primary and low voltage secondary power distribution systems, sub stations, transformers, circuit breakers, switches, fused disconnects insulators, grounding systems, power poles, above and underground systems, security and street lighting.
- Diagnose trouble in the electrical system or equipment, working standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment, and using a variety of electrician's hand tools and measuring and testing instruments.
- Working knowledge of Exterior Secondary Power Distribution, Interior Secondary Power Distribution, Interior, Exterior, Perimeter and Area Lighting, Access Control System, Lightning Protection System, Grounding Systems.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- High school education or equivalent. Accredited professional trade school or successful completion of apprenticeship program.
- Electrical power generation plant operators shall comply with ASME and EPA certification guidance exhibiting knowledge and skills of, diesel driven electrical generation equipment and principles of electrical production.
- Personnel under instruction operating equipment shall perform duties under the supervision of a qualified, knowledgeable individual. All the safety requirements of UFC 3-560-01 are applicable to this specification in addition to the safety standards.
- At least 5-7 years’ work experience in the electrical wiring industry, which shall include planning, laying out, and installing electrical distribution systems in accordance with the National Electrical Code (NEC); experience must have been under the direct supervision of a qualifying electrician for a licensed electrical contractor. Electrical work experience shall include electrical installation in commercial and industrial categories and must include work with High Voltage systems.
- Knowledge of MIL Standards and DOD customers is required.
- Experience with generator produced power and switching systems producing greater than 500v.
- Skilled working in a team-oriented environment and able to demonstrate strong leadership skills at various levels of an organization. Knowledge of MIL Standards and DOD customers is required. Must have excellent communications skills.
- Must have excellent communications skills.
- SUPERVISORY/BUDGET RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.
Vectrus | ,
Vectrus | ,
Vectrus | ,
Mantech International Corporation | Manama,
Vectrus | ,
Vectrus | ,