Forecasts financial, manpower, and operational requirements for key businesses (start up, warranty, service agreements, paid service). Identifies and pursues service agreement business in conjunction with marketing and sales.
Manages start ups in terms of time and cost requirements. Manages local inventories and RMA procedure. Maintains DSO according to goal. Manages systems start up and warranty cost under reserve.
Ensures customer satisfaction with Company service and system performance.
Interviews, hires, and trains customer engineers as necessary to support regional business.
Ensures employee satisfaction through:
- communication of business progress and all related action.
- setting goals and controlling achievements.
- establishing training and career development plans.
Ensures the appropriate safety practices among customer engineers. Develop CE skills. Spots and develops managerial/other specialist talent. Ensures employee satisfaction through:
Escalates system downs according to valid escalation procedure, to ensure earliest possible return to service. Reports in a timely and accurate manner as required.
Achieves guaranteed up time and other parameters as sold to customers.
Promotes quality improvement processes to:
- reduce cycle time
- drive continuous improvement of technical performance
- empower the work force
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding of concepts, theories and principles in own job family and basic knowledge of other related job families
- Applies understanding of the industry and how own area contributes to the achievement of objectives
- Manages a generally homogeneous team; adapts plans and priorities to meet service and/or operational challenges
- Identifies and resolves technical, operational and organizational problems
- Impacts the level of service and the team’s ability to meet quality, volume, and timeliness objectives
Guided by policies and resource requirements within business unit, department or sub-function
- Guides, influences and persuades others internally in related areas or externally
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.
Languages:English (Required), Japanese (Required)
Years of Experience:7 - 10 Years
Travel:Yes, 20% of the Time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A global leader in the nanomanufacturing technology solutions for the electronics industry, Applied Materials is built on the strength of talented people. We offer a wide variety of job opportunities for experienced professionals and recent college students/graduates that will capitalize on your current skills while broadening your experience and engaging you in a dynamic, fast-changing industry.
Here, you will work in community to achieve a common goal and encounter exciting new challenges every day. Our company is continually evolving: implementing innovations to make semiconductors more portable, powerful, and affordable than ever before.
Applied Materials | Yokkaichi,