Cement Production Operator - Military Veterans
Work as part of a team to ensure that plant personnel and Truck Drivers, and contractors are operating in a safe manner. To revitalize and update current safety programs. Candidates will have daily interactions with employees out in the field while fine tuning safety procedures are necessary.
This is not a warehouse job. This is a bulk cement distribution plant. Applicants must have a mechanical background, able to work in a fast paced environment, personal skills, basic computer knowledge, math skills, and able to lift 100lbs. Not afraid to get dirty, the environment can be dusty. and loud. Job duties include but are not limited to: unloading cement railcars, loading cement tankers, maintenance around terminal, cleaning, etc... Competitive salary and benefits.
- Duties, not limited too.
- Welding experience a plus
- Troubleshoots, adjusts and makes minor repairs on equipment as needed and assists in major repairs.
- Meets and communicates with drivers and other customers.
- Must work well with coworkers and management.
- Must work safely.
- Participates in routine employee communications and Responsible for operational and technical shipping duties including but not limited to loading & unloading cement in trucks, rail cars, and barges.
- Maintains accurate product inventory information in SAP and other computer systems.
- Maintains work area in a clean, safe, orderly manner in compliance with company and governmental standards.
- Assists in training new or less experienced department employees.
- Assists other employees by answering questions regarding job duties.
- Maintains proficiency in operation of all electronic shipping and distribution platforms and their maintenance.
- Performs additional duties as required by management.
- Sounds start up alarm to notify all personnel to stay clear of machinery.
- Start all plant conveying equipment using push button controls.
- Visually observe and monitor gauges and of all equipment while in operation to maintain proper flow of material on belts, crushers and screens.
- Stop equipment immediately when any blockages occur and obtain assistance when required.
- Maintain communications with all other operators.
- Shut down specific machinery as required or shut down entire plant machinery in the event of an emergency.
- Assist in cleaning and lubrication of equipment as required.
- Assist other operators or maintenance personnel when heavy or awkward duties are required.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope:
- Positive working attitude with customers, fellow employees and the public.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement on safety initiatives.
- Ensure that all field equipment is operating properly; identify, inform and repair any field problems.
- Perform inspections, troubleshooting and quality testing, and provide documentation and reporting as required or as directed by the Supervisor.
- Climb to heights and conduct work with proper safety restraints
- Lift heavy loads up to 50 lbs and navigate job site terrain
- Operate heavy machinery, including construction vehicles and railcar movers
- Perform setup and cleanup tasks
- Direct traffic when necessary to ensure the safety of pedestrians, motorists and work crew
- Obtain and organize retail samples
- Perform color quality checks
- Measure cement silos
- Make cementitious material bulk bags
- Run and Sample Finish Mills
- Load/Unload rail cars
- Provide labor support as needed for specialty crew
- Perform general maintenance of equipment and vehicles
- Ability to work around moving process equipment
- Maintain good housekeeping in areas of responsibility
- The ability and understanding of switching tracks, coupling and uncoupling, and routing inbound and outbound railcar traffic
- Manage given projects from start to finish
- Perform any and all other duties as may be assigned from time to time. Work any shifts, including weekends and paid holidays as schedules dictate.
High school diploma or GED are the minimum requirements
Candidates must have the ability to multitask in a high stress environment. The ideal candidates will be capable of working with minimal oversight but willing to follow directions closely. Shift work is required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Communicate effectively with fellow workers and supervisors, ability to write routine reports, SOPs and correspondence.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited guidelines exist. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations must be obtained & Maintained:
- Valid Driver's License
- Mobile equipment Certifications
- First Aid
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, in the plant, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne dust particles; outside weather conditions; and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, proximity to electrical equipment, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but occasionally loud.
Working on the grounds of the Lafarge Seattle Facility offers a qualified candidate access to firsthand experience they are not likely to find at any other facility in the Pacific Northwest.
A mature safety culture
Exposure to rail, truck, and barge movements
Working at heights
The above job description has been designed to provide general guidelines for the identification of tasks, duties, and qualifications for the titled position and/or its successors. The description is not all inclusive of the duties that are performed by the incumbent and the incumbent may be assigned to duties other than those listed in this document as the work environment and essential functions of the job change.
Pre-employment medical including drug & alcohol testing and a criminal record check may be required.
LafargeHolcim is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. We embrace diversity in our people, products and ideas. We sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
It is an exciting time to work in the building materials sector. The world is facing a process of rapid urbanization accompanied by increased pressure on strategic resources (water, raw materials, energy). As the new leader of our industry, LafargeHolcim is seeking to recruit, develop, and retain the best talent to help us meet the challenges and opportunities of the future. We need people eager to grow to their full potential while delivering value to our shareholders, customers, and society in general. Read more: https://www.lafargeholcim.us/join-us-help-world-build-better
Follow us: @LafargeHolcim on Twitter | LafargeHolcim on Facebook