The Systems Administrator I monitors the Tier 1 and/or 2 server operations/performance using appropriate software applications and tools. The Administrators shall be the Helpdesk POC for all theater NIPR and SIPR enterprise systems issues, create and/or manage trouble tickets, and monitor status and report outages to RNOSC Operations. Reports directly to the Systems Administrator II.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Operates and maintains all aspects of server administration to include but is not limited to Microsoft 2012 Active Directory, WINS, DNS, DHCP, print queues etc.
2. Performs daily administration of Exchange 200X servers and Outlook Web Access.
3. Performs VERITAS Backup Exec to conduct file server Backup / Restores.
4. Maintains Systems Availability and perform regular maintenance on equipment.
5. Proficient at hardware maintenance and troubleshooting of various vender Server platforms including Dell, HP, LTO tape library, fiber switch, and SANs.
6. Maintains antivirus / security requirements by the US Army standards and regulations.
7. Provides user and Microsoft Exchange account maintenance as required.
8. Performs other duties as required.
The work environment will be 95% indoor and 5% outdoor. The outdoor work environment may exceed temperatures 100° F. Candidate must be able to physically withstand extreme heat.
Candidate must be able to lift, push and pull up to 40 lbs.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Education: Associates Degree in Information Technology (IT) or a related field.
Certifications: This position requires candidates to adhere to DoD 8570.01-M. All candidates
are required to maintain at least one (1) baseline certification and one (1) computing
environment (CE) certification. The authorized certifications for this job title are listed as follows:
Experience: The Systems Administrator I is required to be an expert in all functions of both IAT
Level I and IAT Level II positions relating to a Windows Server operating system environment.
The Systems Administrator I must be able to apply extensive knowledge of a variety of the IA
field’s concepts, practices, and procedures to ensure the secure integration and operation of all
enclave (NIPR, SIPR, etc.) systems. Must be able to rely on extensive experience and
judgment to plan and accomplish goals for the enclave environment. Must have at least five (5)
years of practical experience working with Windows Server 2012 or higher operating systems
(OS), and Active Directory tools. Candidate must possess a basic understanding of security
principles and their application to an enterprise AD environment.
IAT Level: IAT II
• Cisco CCNA Security
• Cisco CCNP Security
• CompTIA CASP+ ce
• CompTIA CySA+ ce
• CompTIA Security+ ce
• GIAC GCED
• GIAC GCIH
• GIAC GICSP
• GIAC GSEC
• ISACA CISA
• ISC2 CISSP (or Associate)
• ISC2 SSCP
• Microsoft: MCSA - Certified Solutions Associate Windows Server 2012
• Microsoft: MCSA - Certified Solutions Associate Windows Server 2016
• Microsoft: MCSE - Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
• Microsoft: MCSE - Private Cloud 2012
• Microsoft: MCSE - Server Infrastructure 2012
• Microsoft: MCSM - Certified Solutions Master (Any)
• Microsoft: MCT - Certified Architect
• Microsoft: MCT - Certified Master
• Microsoft: MCT - Certified Systems Administrator
• Microsoft: MCT - Certified Systems Administrator: Security
• Microsoft: MCT - Certified Systems Engineer
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.