Launch innovations in nearly every commercial and defense aircraft platform
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings intelligent and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
This perfection is built on a foundation of inclusion, diversity and driving a performance culture that values integrity and ethics.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Our Platform Center of Excellence Electrical Design Team has immediate and upcoming needs for top-performing Band 3 Sr. Advanced and Advanced Engineers who creates the hardware electronics that Aerospace runs on.
Help us create the world’s most advanced systems for essentially every subsystem you can imagine in commercial or military aviation, to space.
We are seeking someone who brings the right experience designing Circuit Card Assemblies (CCAs) for Electronic Solutions within Honeywell Aerospace.
In this visible, design and technical leadership role, you may be responsible for one or more of the following:
Designing digital electronics circuits that implement guidance and sensor, video, and digital signal processing using configurable logic, homogeneous / heterogeneous multiprocessors, volatile and non-volatile memory, high speed transceivers, and industry interfaces and interconnects.
Supporting module and box level design efforts to meet specified product performance for all aspects of Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) compliance, including EMI/EMC/EME/ESD/EMP, HIRF and lightning.
Designing analog/linear circuits including signal conditioning, data conversion (analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog), motor control, and navigation control and sensors.
Designing high reliability power electronics, including fault isolation, filters, power stages, magnetics, control electronics, and thermal solutions.
Are you up for a new challenge?
• Supports or executes one or more complex Printed Board Assembly (PBAs) development assignments, including supporting system trades, setting and negotiating module requirements derived from system requirements, developing architectures, completing design, analysis, and testing in an engineering laboratory setting.
• Collaborates with a global, multi-disciplinary team of systems, software, IC design, and mechanical engineers.
• Partners to reach effective solutions to medium to low complexity electrical engineering problems under moderate supervision.
• Follows and tailor best design practices and guidelines to ensure efficiency on given project task while ensuring design compliance and producibility.
This position may require occasional business-related travel within the US or globally.
YOU MUST HAVE
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in hardware electrical design
• Due to export control regulations, this position requires US citizenship status.
• Master’s degrees in an engineering discipline.
• Experience performing and leading electrical hardware PBA level requirements development, preliminary and detailed design, design verification, and qualification spanning a high mix of moderate complexity commercial, defense, and space products and systems.
• Knowledge of DO-254, Design Assurance Guidance for Airborne Electronic Hardware and DO178, Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification.
• Experience designing with modern processing technologies and architectures including micro-processors and FPGAs, DDR and flash memories, high speed physical and wireless communication and interconnects, and interfaces to sensors and guidance electronics.
• Experience designing module or box level high reliability power electronics, including designs with various isolated and non-isolated DC to DC converters.
• Experience supporting box or module designs to ensure we meet the industry standards of EMI/EMC of RTCA DO-160, Boeing D6, Airbus ABD, MIL-STD 461, MIL STD-810 by reviewing and translating high level EMI/EMC requirements to the system and circuit level, creating control plans design guidelines, and testing methodologies, and developing simulation models for the analysis of interference coupling mechanisms, shielding integrity, and circuit/cable interface isolation to mitigate and control conducted/radiated emissions and susceptibility threats.
• Experience designing module level analog/linear circuits including signal conditioning, data conversion (analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog), motor control, and navigation control and sensors.
• Proficiency with Mentor Graphics Xpedition Enterprise Design Flow (i.e. Designer, Constraint Manager, HyperLynx Signal Integrity, Power Integrity, and Layout), Mathcad, Timing Designer, MS Excel, and LTSpice. Demonstrated experience designing, simulating, analyzing and verifying design performance to requirements.
• Ability to generate Printed Wiring Board (PWB) layout constraint guidelines, oversee the layout and fabrication of the design.
• Demonstrated experience performing PBA design verification and qualification.
• Knowledgeable in project estimation, planning, and cost and schedule management.
• Able to communicate effectively and can clearly and concisely convey subtle or complex messages to a variety of audiences, both written and verbal. Speaks geek, customer, and business.
• Candidates who are DCID 6/4 eligible or who possess an active security clearance.
JOB ID: HRD102390
Location: 13350 US Hwy 19 N,Clearwater,Florida,33764,United States
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.