MRI Technologist - Military Veterans
DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking an MRI Technologist to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, and student loan repayment.. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe – Conroe, TX
MRI Technologist – Imaging
HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe is a tertiary acute care 342 bed hospital that has been serving the community for more than 75 years. It provides a 24-hour designated Level II trauma center, Level III neonatal intensive care unit, cardiac care services, women’s center, daVinci robotic surgery, neurosciences, pediatric care, rehabilitation therapy, sleep center, radiology, hyperbaric medicine, diagnostic/imaging services, and wound care facility.
HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
- Under the direction of the CT/MRI Supervisor, Manager of Medical Imaging, Director of Oncology Services and Medical Imaging, and Staff Radiologists, the MRI Technologist is responsible to safely and proficiently perform magnetic resonance imaging procedures and related patient care according to, government regulations, physician orders, policies and procedures of the Medical Imaging Department, and policies and procedures of the hospital.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge and appropriate care of patients relative to their age specific needs.
- Understands and follows established magnet safety rules. Always screens any person entering the MRI scanning room for the presence of ferrous metal including patients, family members, physicians nurses, hospital employees, housekeepers, and service personnel. Keeps the room locked when the department is unattended to prevent accidental or unauthorized entry.
- Verbally questions patient and/or family and/or checks patient chart for indications of in-body metal. Acquires screening x-rays if necessary to determine the presence of surgical clips, metal implants, pacemakers, and etc.
- Carefully explains MRI procedures to gain patient confidence and cooperation and to reduce fear and claustrophobia.
- Keeps patient informed of progress during the procedure. Remains at the control station during the scan keeping the patient under observation.
- Consistently produces diagnostic quality scans without assistance or direct supervision. Uses good judgment in seeking assistance or supervision when it is needed.
- Consistently uses correct sequence protocols. Shows ability to adapt imaging routines to special imaging situations. Has a good working knowledge of sectional anatomy.
- Schedules patients as needed using good judgment regarding anticipated scan times. Is able to accept and adapt to inevitable scanner and/or patient delay problems without reacting in anger. Patiently works to resolve problems and avoid conflict. Seeks workable solutions to scheduling and cancellation problems to prevent recurrence.
- Is able to handle the stress of demanding physicians when the MRI schedule is full. Seeks to form and maintain positive relations with physicians and their office staffs to gain their cooperation in scheduling,
- Places patients in various coils properly. Explains the purpose of the coil to the patient.
- Uses good judgment in consulting a radiologist before initiating scans to insure appropriate sequencing.
What qualifications you will need:
- Current MRI registry with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) or registry eligible (or) registry in another medical imaging modality with acceptable education and training in MRI.
- Appropriate MRI imaging experience and demonstrated competency as determined by the Department Director and Medical Director.
- CPR Certification.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.