General Job Description Purpose:
The purpose of this job description is to communicate the responsibilities and duties associated with the position of Leasing Consultant. It should also be noted that some responsibilities and duties might not be specifically addressed.
General Position Summary:
The Leasing Consultant is the property’s sales representative whose primary duties are to greet prospects, professionally present the features and benefits of the community while securing a deposit and applications, resulting in a new resident. All Leasing Consultants should be service-oriented and strive to make prospective residents and current residents feel welcome and appreciated in the community.
- Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, ADA, Fair Credit Reporting Act and all other Federal, State and Local laws pertaining to Multi-Family Housing.
- Fully implement and enforce all policies and procedures as outlined in the FCM Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Leasing Consultants must always offer a professional, yet friendly, atmosphere in the leasing office and any other areas where prospective residents and current residents might interact with them, including in public. All models and market readies should be inspected daily prior to showing in order to ensure their quality appearance.
- All incoming calls from residents requiring manager assistance residents should be transferred to the Assistant Community Manager or Community Manager for proper handling.
- Leasing Consultants are expected to know and adhere to the ABC’s of Leasing as well as First Communities TOP TEN MANAGEMENT CONCEPTS. All prospects are to be greeted with a warm smile and friendly handshake and NOT FROM BEHIND A DESK. Leasing Consultants should have a clear understanding of the features of their property’s features and benefits and how they compare to the competition. It is important to know what the market is doing and what specials are being offered.
- All paperwork is to be completed in a professional, accurate and timely manner. Mistakes on lease agreements can be costly to the property.
- Each Leasing Consultant should keep active guest cards that are logged in to lead tracking software, if applicable, and continue to work each lead until the prospect has chosen their home.
- The Leasing Consultant should inspect the property on a regular basis reporting any deficiencies to the Community Manager. They should assist the Assistant Community Manager in preparing daily and weekly reports, resident communication, move-ins/outs, office supply inventory and market surveys.
- Resident Files are to be maintained with current information properly filed per FCM Policy at all times.
- Leasing Applications are to be processed within 24-48 hours of receipt and in accordance with FCM Qualifying Criteria and Policy & Procedures Manual guidelines.
- Lease Renewal Program is to be actively worked to optimize lease renewals and decrease resident turnover.
- All residents and prospects treated with excellent level of customer service at all times.
- Receive, process/log, and file service requests in a timely manner.
- Assist in planning and overseeing resident activities as requested by Community Manager.
- The Leasing Consultant will perform any additional duties the Community Manager or Regional Manager assigns to them.
Education, Knowledge, Skills
- Prefer a minimum of high school degree.
- Prior Leasing experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills providing for effective communication with residents, employees, peers, vendors, owners, etc. and to assist in efficient operations.
- Bi-lingual abilities (written and verbal) may be required based on specific needs of property.
- Preferred Computer software experience to include MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, YARDI®, and related is preferred.
- Prefer candidate to have basic understanding of Landlord/Tenant laws and application, familiarity with state specific Lease and Addendums, Fair Housing/ADA regulations and application.
A portion of the typical work day is spent at his or her desk handling paperwork, resident files, computer data entry, correspondence, and resident meetings. Remainder of job requires constant physical walking and leasing demonstrations of community, walking up/down stairs and covering multi-terrain landscape of property.
"Creating Relationships and Meaningful Moments with all who walk through our doors." First Communities Management (FCM) is one of the nation’s most successful apartment management companies. Founded in 1978, FCM has managed over 200,000 units and 1,000 communities. Our market reach has grown to include some of the industry’s most exciting submarkets including Washington, DC, Dallas, Austin, Atlanta, Houston, Raleigh/Durham, Charlotte, Greenville, Birmingham, Nashville and Central Florida. We sincerely value our relationships with clients who entrust us with the responsibility of managing their assets. The FCM family is comprised of individuals who embrace our core principles and are willing to go the extra mile for the client, their peers, and each resident. For over four decades, building relationships anchored by trust have earned us the reputation of superior service, attentiveness to client objectives and the industry’s strongest operating systems and financial reporting.