Principal FE React Developer - Scheduling - Military Veterans
Principal FE React Developer - Scheduling
Athenahealth is seeking an outstanding Principal Member of Technical Staffto implement front-end workflows in our Patient Experience web applications.
As aPrincipal MTS focused on core web application development, you will need strong technical competence in multiple areas as well as the capacity to function well in an environment where you may not be the expert. The ideal candidate will combine the essentials of raw talent and a burning desire to succeed with a demonstrated history of working through complex business issues. You will work directly with our Product and User Experience team to help inform and prioritize business value, as well as working with Architects to ensure scalability, reusability, and quality. You will lead and collaborate closely with a cross functional team of software developers to implement web application visualizations and workflows.
An ideal candidate will be well versed in on modern front-end frameworks, experience designing and building front-end applications in React, and experience/interest in back end development.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- 8+ years of experience in front-end web application development (React, Angular, jQuery)
- 2+ years of experience in full stack web applicationdevelopment (backend: C#, .NET Core, AzureOR Java, Spring, AWS) desired
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalenttraining andexperience
- Strong software engineering fundamentals
- 4+ years of experience in an Agile/Scrum environment
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Technical Execution [Primary Responsibility]:
- Understand and follow coding conventions, architectures, and best practices; hold other members of the team accountable for doing so
- Participates in team member interview process as needed; influences final hiring decisions
- Understand, follow, and reinforce Scrum methodologies, coding conventions, architectures, build processes, and best practices
- Accurately estimate the size of development tasks in story points
- Provide high level T-shirt sizing for the work required to build smaller software components and services
- Adhere to DOD (story definition of done) as part of the sprint, including unit tests, functional testing, code reviews, no regressions, bug fixes, documentation and adhere to best coding practices
- Produce accurate, clear technical design specifications to the appropriate level of detail
- Critique technical documentation as needed
- Perform peer code reviews in order to ensure quality standards
- Deliver customer value in the form ofhigh qualitysoftware components and services in adherence with policies on security, performance, longevity and integration testing
- Write, debug, and deploy code to production; deliver timely fixes
- Scale systems to meet business demand
- Deploy systems to meet availability targets (HA/DR)
- Exceptional skill in build/test failure analysis and troubleshooting
- Interested in and can quickly learn and leverage new and strategic technologies
- Proactively identify and proposes new, alternative technology in order to create scalable implementations and achieve results
Contributions to the Team:
- Act as the subject matter expert for area of assignment
- Participate on scrum teams following practices outlined by team
- Contribute to agile ceremonies to improve team performance
- Take ownership of what the team builds after the release; consider customer adoption as success criteria
- Volunteer for work in the backlog and commit to quality delivery; Coordinate efforts across the team to ensure completion and effectiveness
- Drive self-organization; help determine how the team functions in collaboration with your peers
- Mentor, advise,and train team members to maximize overall productivity and effectiveness
Cross-functional Team Coordination and Communication:
- Work collaboratively across organizations to ensure alignment towards business goals
- Collaborate with members of product and UX teams to design solutions
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional team members of varying experience levels
- Share business and technical learnings with the broader engineering and product organization, while adapting the approach for different audiences
Behaviors & Abilities Required:
- Ability to learn and adapt in a fast paced environment while producing quality code
- Ability to write code that is technically sound, performant, scalable, and readable
- Ability to make decisions independently, driving towards the right solution
- Finds creative way to execute even when there is no historical context or known path forward
- Ability to analyze and assess potential software designs with an eye towards finding the best solution for the business
- Ability to consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills that encourage growth for more junior members
- Our Vision:To create a thriving ecosystem that deliversaccessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is located in downtown Austin, TX in the historic Seaholm Power Plant building.
- Our Culture:At athenahealth, our employees (or "athenistas") are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, ourathenistasare offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
athenahealth is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity-that's why we recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. We're happy to provide a reasonable accommodation, for those with a disability, to complete any part of the application process. If you are unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, please contact us at
email@example.com for assistance.
athenahealth partners with hospitals and ambulatory customers to drive clinical and financial results. We offer medical record, revenue cycle, patient engagement, care coordination, and population health services. We combine insights from our network of more than 160,000 providers and approximately 117 million patients with deep industry knowledge and perform administrative work at scale. For more information, please visit www.athenahealth.com